Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last MAN MEAL... at least for awhile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last MAN MEAL... at least for awhile!

Well I found out the wife and kids are coming home tomorrow, I thought I had better speedy quick get the kitchen cleaned up AND have one last one for all of us who have good wives that make us eat healthy...

Corn and Beef!

On the grill

I just soak my corn, leave it in the husk and don't mess with it, and just try to lightly char the entire outside - comes out perfect every time.

Plated AND served! That's right ladies and gents, I ate this stack of pure goodness right off the end of the grill with my leatherman and a couple cold Bud Lights. My pard helped with all the necessary clean up.
    ... corn would have been good with a little butter and salt, but it was all the way in the kitchen! Woo Hoo!

I Thank you for checking out my post, and the lord for sending my family back!

Tracey

He hee....Man Meal Rock's! Need some bean's & Beer!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Looks great

Looks like a perfect combo, just make darn sure the kitchen is clean and the garbage taken out......lol.

Comment

Love it!.... Looks semi like my place sometimes except I got the Gerber tool... Great looking "Last Meal"...
        sigpic

Comment

Dude...that is one awesome meal!!

I bet the steaks were mighty tasty!
          ~Phillip

"Okay Hunny, so my hobby is collecting other hobbies. Atleast I'm well rounded!"

Comment

AND love my Pampered Chef spatula also...Rockin it Tracey!
            sigpic

Comment

Really Nice man's meal!

Yup, get the kitchen spotless, and just for good measure, some nice welcome home flowers ought to do the trick!

Years ago, I left my roll up garage door open overnight...it kinda bothered me, so I hooked it into my alarm. Now it displays on the alarm keypad whenever the door is up. As an added bonus, I set that zone to chime whenever the door went up, so now, when I'm at home watching TV and the wife gets back from running errands and lifts the garage door it beeps at me. I turn off ESPN, and grab the Vacuume and start pushing it around...wife walks in, and Whew...man I've been busy since you were gone!

Best wishes for the family's safe trip back. I know you are excited to have them home.
              Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 07-11-2010, 09:20 PM.
              BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
              Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
              I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Tracey, that's funny stuff and looking quite good...

Why have I always been so scared to do corn. Guess what I'm doing with those 2 Ribeyes I cut off that roast I posted... gona try and make them look as good as yours.
                OKJoe's Longhorn Combo ►Traeger 575 Bronze ►Weber Q series
                ThermaPEN-Mk4 ►MEATERx2 ►FireBoard|||| and SPARK► Smokin-it Smoke Generator► INKBIRD Sous Vide► GrillGrates
                and accessories out the ying-yang

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                  Really Nice man's meal!

Yup, get the kitchen spotless, and just for good measure, some nice welcome home flowers ought to do the trick!

Years ago, I left my roll up garage door open overnight...it kinda bothered me, so I hooked it into my alarm. Now it displays on the alarm keypad whenever the door is up. As an added bonus, I set that zone to chime whenever the door went up, so now, when I'm at home watching TV and the wife gets back from running errands and lifts the garage door it beeps at me. I turn off ESPN, and grab the Vacuume and start pushing it around...wife walks in, and Whew...man I've been busy since you were gone!

Best wishes for your family and a safe trip back. I know you are excited to have them home.
                  ESPN my eye!!!! you were watchin the Playboy Channel or there's no way you woulda jumped up that fast!!!
                  OKJoe's Longhorn Combo ►Traeger 575 Bronze ►Weber Q series
                  ThermaPEN-Mk4 ►MEATERx2 ►FireBoard|||| and SPARK► Smokin-it Smoke Generator► INKBIRD Sous Vide► GrillGrates
                  and accessories out the ying-yang

Comment

BBQ Eng - damn good idea on the flowers, bud!

Originally posted by Eaglewing View Post
                    Tracey, that's funny stuff and looking quite good...

Why have I always been so scared to do corn. Guess what I'm doing with those 2 Ribeyes I cut off that roast I posted... gona try and make them look as good as yours.
                    Eagle and ANYBODY out there that hasn't grilled or smoked corn... TRY IT!

I was worried because I grew up eating field grown corn, and there is no way in hell I would pop that shat on a barbie with out husking it and looking it over good!~

I have never bought any bad corn (buggie) from the store as I'm sure the spray the hell out of it. No matter, it is good. I've seen and tried pulling back some of the husk, de-silking, buttering .. BLAH , BLAH, BLAH!

If you just soak it and grill it to almost black, it will steam to perfection, and when you husk it - you'll need gloves - all the silk comes right off. These will also keep warm for hours in the husk, in a cooler.

That's the only way I do corn on the cobb. I've smoke it, but it just takes too long with out any better taste IMHO. You do get some smoky off the husk itself.

Wish you all lived closer cuz here in about three weeks Keith and I are going to be up to our eyeballs in fresh picked Olatha Sweet Corn - look it up - best corn in the WORLD http://www.olathesweetcornfest.com/! I eat as much of it as I can, as often as I can, until its gone!

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglewing View Post
                      ESPN my eye!!!! you were watchin the Playboy Channel or there's no way you woulda jumped up that fast!!!
                      BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                      Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                      I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Looks Great Tracey...

Comment

looks great tracey! all i would need t go with that is a grilled jalapeno and a couple of tortillas.....no fork...no plate!
                          sigpic
                          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

dude, love your smokes man!!! i gree with you 100% on grilling the corn in the husks and when you and my buddy keith hit that corn fest have a cupla cold ones and a few cobs for me too!!! great job and glad wifey and kids home soon. gonna have to use a fork and sppon now instead a the leatherman. watcha thinkin bro, it aint elk camp LOL!!!
                            Charbroil SFB
                            GOSM
                            MES
                            Dutch Ovens and other CI
                            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Totally agree on the corn, hard to beat that smoky husk flavor. Great last meal and welcome home to the family. Loved everything about this post!
                              JT

Comment

Working...
                              X