Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Wed....

Hey all!
    Anybody have big plans for a smoke this weekend???
    I am out of town, so I will have smoke envy..... on a side note, I picked up a foodsaver never used brand new out of the box last weekend at the swap meet for $20.... SCORE!!!
    A store by me has whole pig legs on sale, its the shoulder and the butt.... never have found them whole before butt.. it was 27 lbs... yikes thats a long smoke... anyone smoked a whole leg before??
    Thanks BBQG

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

I am thinking some ribs this weekend. Maybe some chicken quarters too.

When are you gonna smoke the pork leg? Is that gonna be a double-overnighter?
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Not sure yet... My son will be coming in for two weeks leave from the Air Force...

So I will see when he gets here what he wants..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
        Not sure yet... My son will be coming in for two weeks leave from the Air Force...

So I will see when he gets here what he wants..
        I hear ya Brother! Matt's unit is coming home this weekend from Afghanistan!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

yep

must be time for big rotation.
          We had 80 soldiers come back today . nice crowd at the airport to welcome them home.
          Bob
          South Louisiana
          Old New Braunfuls offset
          Charcol ECB
          09 MES 40

Comment

I think I am going to try a lamb shoulder. Never done it. Take all the advice I can get.
            Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Will be doing a whole Sirloin Tip roast 8lbs on Saturday. WoooHoooo gonna be 70 degrees

Comment

The weekend is supposed to rock so I think Lala will be fired up and filled with some chicken thighs, butts, beans and abts. May throw a fattie or two on there as I'm dying to give the blueberry fattie by Wutang, a try!

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                sigpic

Comment

If I know Matt, he will head to Publix for some Sushi to snack on while I get to a big ol steak for him!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Planning on doing a couple of butts on the UDS and trying out Rich's rub.

Dave
                    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                    UDS 1.0
                    Afterburner
                    Weber Performer
                    Blue Thermapen
                    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                    Auber Smoker Controller
                    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                    -
                    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

grand kids this weekend, and will be too warm to cold smoke my bacon........so will sit by the COLD COLD smoker, and read all YOUR great smokes...........pllus the boy will be coming home late sunday from his 2 week deployment to ARZ. building the fence.......

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

ARZ. building the fence.......
                        what fence ? you mean arizona right ?
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I'm going to try something new. Cornbread stuffed pork loin encrusted with pecans. Trying to think of a good sauce for it but maybe is doesn't need one.
                          sigpic

GOSM/propane
                          UDS (Cam)/lump
                          22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                          Weber Genesis/propane
                          Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Going to do a butt and 2 racks of BB using Pecan, cherry and mequite on my new MES........and what else but a load of 16oz Old Mil's to help pass the time. 1st time for the pecan and cherry have always used mesquite or mesq\hickory mix. Someone in "another" forum mentioned using charcoal pieces mixed with the wood to give the smoke ring that's not present with electric smokers. May try that to.

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                              what fence ? you mean arizona right ?
                              Yeah, the fence to keep out the illegals.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Working...
                              X