Coshell Charcoal email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coshell Charcoal email

Since our good friend Jim told us about Coshell I contacted them about a distributor in the Great State of Kansas. Here is their reply;

David:

We at Coshell appreciate your interest in our new Coshell charcoal made from 100% coconut shells.

As Coshell charcoal is a new ECO-friendly brand for 2010 season we have limited distribution as most big retailers usually wait on putting in new items such as Coshell charcoal until they feel it has proven itself as a viable selling item. Thus, at present we do not have any distribution in the Kansas area but we should have a number of national retailers stocking Coshell for the 2011 season. Meanwhile, in a month we will be available on Amazon.com

Again, we appreciate your interest in our ECO-friendly "Green" BBQ charcoal and look forward to you and many others becoming fan favorites of Coshell Charcoal products in the future. Additionally, if you are shopping at a chain retailer I suggest if you have the time you may want to inquire of the store manager your interest in having them stock Coshell charcoal.

I have also attached a coupon good toward your future purchase for you to print out when you maybe able to locate. ENJOY!

Please feel free to inquire of us for future needs.

Best Regards,
    Bradley A. Hertz
    Vice President Sales & Marketing
    Coshell Holdings LLC
    New York, NY 10001
    email: brad@coshellcharcoal.com
    sigpic

Woops, forgot to attach the coupon for everyone, it expires May 31, 2011 its in pdf format
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I saved it.
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Sweet......Thanks David!!
        Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
        http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

thanks for the coupon, hopefully its back in stock @ Ultra Foods this week.
          Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

jim,
            which ultra foods you go to? i was gonna go check oak park or lombard this weekend

2 Weber Kettles
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
            Brinkman ECB
            Charbroil 940X
            Project UDS
            Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

Perhaps a biz opportunity awaits??

I sent them an email too.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

interesting stuff to be sure... wondering how true their "green" claim is compared to others??? esp reg the "no trees destroyed" claim. it may be a true statement as plainly advertised is from cocunut shells, so is a by product from the cocoa nut harvest. does anyone think the other sources actually harvest trees for the primary purpose of making charcoal??? i severely doubt healthy trees are cut for smoking wood by anyone. i would guess the wood for charcoal is also by product material..... in other words the trees would be cut down anyway. so in essence no trees destroyed either. and if say 50 years ago RO planted a stand of hickory(which i dont know that they have) for the exclusive use for wood and lump for smoking, it would be no different than any other crop. there is alot of logging done up north of here, and many people dont realize that these forests are managed for wood production, the recreational and "green" benifets are secondary. just a thought and not meant to take away from the coshell stuff. just dont need to make consumers feel any guilt needlessly.
                Charbroil SFB
                GOSM
                MES
                Dutch Ovens and other CI
                Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                  interesting stuff to be sure... wondering how true their "green" claim is compared to others??? esp reg the "no trees destroyed" claim. it may be a true statement as plainly advertised is from cocunut shells, so is a by product from the cocoa nut harvest. does anyone think the other sources actually harvest trees for the primary purpose of making charcoal??? i severely doubt healthy trees are cut for smoking wood by anyone. i would guess the wood for charcoal is also by product material..... in other words the trees would be cut down anyway. so in essence no trees destroyed either. and if say 50 years ago RO planted a stand of hickory(which i dont know that they have) for the exclusive use for wood and lump for smoking, it would be no different than any other crop. there is alot of logging done up north of here, and many people dont realize that these forests are managed for wood production, the recreational and "green" benifets are secondary. just a thought and not meant to take away from the coshell stuff. just dont need to make consumers feel any guilt needlessly.
                  erain,

personally I dont take sides on the whole "green" issue.

This stuff just burns clean, long, and hot. Clean meaning no funky Kingsford taste, and very little ash.

Ill leave the "green" debate to the Al Gore's of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                    "green" benifets are secondary. just a thought and not meant to take away from the coshell stuff. just dont need to make consumers feel any guilt needlessly.
                    I hear ya, I also think the "green" is just another tool or propaganda used to advertise to raise the price a buck or two.
                    sigpic

Comment

I sent the entire email and flyer to Associated Wholesale Grocers. One of the largest food distributors in the U.S. Over the last few weeks I have gotten on a pretty good speaking basis with their VP of MArketing. He lives about 20 minutes from me. When I had the problem with RO lump, he had never even seen what it actually was. So I invited him over since he didn't want to go buy a bag. While he was here, he had never saw a smoker in action. He had been to BBQ's, but that was mostly grillin' and not smoking. So I pulled out some PP from the ridge and made him a sandwich. He was here for almost 3 hours, well past 10PM. He has been back twice learning all about our little hobby. He has a propane grill, but now he has the plans to build a UDS that I gave him. He wanted to go buy either a ECB or a Gourmet Electric, until he found out he could build a UDS that would hold more meat for roughly the same price.

Hopefully, AWG will get a contract and it will be in their 700 plus stores sooner than next year.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
                        I hear ya, I also think the "green" is just another tool or propaganda used to advertise to raise the price a buck or two.
                        ed zachery...
                        Charbroil SFB
                        GOSM
                        MES
                        Dutch Ovens and other CI
                        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Hey if anybody knows anyone in the corporate structure of Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes or Ace Hardware, forward the flyer to them and see if we can't get somebody to start carrying this stuff.
                          sigpic

Comment

david,

thanks again for that link to the coupon,

makes the bags of this stiff about $5.50/ea. a steal.

Comment

Eco friendly product? Helps save the environment? Charcoal??

LOL, that's a good one. Erain is 100% right on. No one is mowing down healthy trees to make charcoal or smoking wood. Trimming them maybe but that's sustainable. Cowboy and Kingsford are BOTH made from wood byproducts that would get burnt or end up in a landfil so technically they are just as "green" and "eco-friendly" as this stuff.

I am curious about the "burns hot, clean, and long. Sounds like Kingsford Comp. I'd be interested in trying some.

Ya gotta hand it to them though. If their "eco-friendly" claim keeps the protesters away and makes the tree huggers feel better about grilling their veggies and tofu over live fire (you don't think they'd eat MEAT do you ) then more power to 'em.

Dave
                              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                              UDS 1.0
                              Afterburner
                              Weber Performer
                              Blue Thermapen
                              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                              Auber Smoker Controller
                              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                              -
                              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X