• Show
Clear All

• Weber Kettle Pizza With 1 Word Only

~ FAIL ~
    sigpic

Ouch. Hey the top looks good.

Tom

Comment

well the top does look real good ...i wonder if you put the pizza on a cold stone and let the stone come up to temp along with cooking the pizza at same time if that would be better
      Mike
      Oklahoma City
      22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
      Weber 22.5 Performer
      GOSM 3405gw
      Boomer Sooner Drum
      Maverick ET-732
      Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
      A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Oh, I don't know, Scott. That's the way my son likes his toast so he would probably be all over that.

The top looks great.

How did the stone hold up? My wife has one just like it.

Dave
        CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
        UDS 1.0
        Afterburner
        Weber Performer
        Blue Thermapen
        Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
        Auber Smoker Controller
        Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
        -
        "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Only 1 thing or a few things to do. Change this and that and try again. I know I would. You can't give it one shot and give up on it.
          sigpic

Comment

SORRY ABOUT THE RESPONSE COLORS..... REALLY, I AM..... DON"T READ IF YOU HAVE A HANGOVER..... I WILL TRY NOT TO CHOOSE THEM AGAIN.... OUCH

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
            Ouch. Hey the top looks good.
            LOL..... It was good!.... about 3/4 of the way from the top to the coal...

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
            well the top does look real good ...i wonder if you put the pizza on a cold stone and let the stone come up to temp along with cooking the pizza at same time if that would be better
            Good idea Mike.... This was a thawed Digirono's..... I preheated the stone (Pampered Chef) in the Weber, wanted to see if it would break..... but pre-heating was a bad idea I think, as these are like Huge soft crust bread pizzas (THAT I HATE!).... yeah the bottom of the crust was burnt, but a couple were not burnt as bad at the one I took a pic of.....bad idea by me.... trying not to heat up the house

Originally posted by DDave View Post
            Oh, I don't know, Scott. That's the way my son likes his toast so he would probably be all over that.

The top looks great.

How did the stone hold up? My wife has one just like it.

Dave
            Stone held up good so far..... It is a Pampered Chef.....which I hear are prone to breaking on the Q.... I think I have had it up to 500* or at least close before?... So far, so good?.... I wonder if they get "tougher" the more they are seasoned?... This one has got to about 10-12 years old....

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
            Only 1 thing or a few things to do. Change this and that and try again. I know I would. You can't give it one shot and give up on it.
            No sir Dave, not giving up...... I am trying to figure out as much about the Weber Kettle & charcoal cooking/smoking as I can..... I used to just grill on it, direct, indirect, foil, no foil, etc.... I am trying to explore
            all of what it can do (which I think is pretty much everything?) .... I expect some disapointments & failures along the way..... I just need to figure out how to use it to its highest potential for the given use.... ..... In this instance, the failure on the end result, naturally means I did something in the process that was not what I should have..... That's why I got you guys..... for kicking around ideas, etc..... I will keep at it & get it figured out .... someday...
            sigpic

Comment

My Eyes!!!!
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Man, you had me hook line and sinker...I thought the word was gonna be

"AWESOME"

I vote for a do over.
                BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I'd eat that :-)

Assuming them little white doohickeys are little scallops like i think they are ;-)
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I have the same stone, let us know how it holds out. Did you use direct or indirect method? Indirect could help. Not pre warming is a great idea. Maybe a wire rack over the stone would keep the crust from burning.
                    sigpic

Comment

scott check out this link from another forum he did some pizza and they look good on how he did it.......http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6533

he also said this " I know you grill on a Weber as I have also… Take 3 bricks and place on the grates, place a pizza stone on top of them… Get that dude up to 500 (weber) and let set and warm up like a brick oven… Get some parchment paper to transfer the pies easy on the stone.

Note on a Weber you have to get the stone up or it will crack and bust the stone…. If all possible bring a 12 pack and toppings and we will make some pizzas, fish, ski, tube, shoot pool and make a camp fire
                      . "

so hopefully that might help next time and also anybody else thay put their stone directly on the grate....
                      Mike
                      Oklahoma City
                      22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                      Weber 22.5 Performer
                      GOSM 3405gw
                      Boomer Sooner Drum
                      Maverick ET-732
                      Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                      A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

top did look good,

try the concrete paver method I used last weekend. Right on the rack, right over the charcoal. cooked real even.
                        Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Pizza on the Weber

We do pizza on the weber with no stone.

Get ALL ingredients ready and out by your grill in little bowls.

Throw the oiled dough on the bare rack and cover.
                          as soon as it starts to blister (can be as short as 30-45 seconds), flip it over
                          quickly and (this is upside down from normal) add cheese, favorite topping then sauce.
                          Cover for a short time and Voila.

I like to do more indirect (ring of coals around the outside edge).

This pizza is fun, great tasting and real entertainment for the kids and guests.

Try it - you'll love it.

BTW, I like the concrete method too - gotta try that.

Comment

Jonesin for a Pizza oven

My buddy just made one like this - real nice.

here is a TON of pizza info. 800 degrees seems to be a magic number.

http://www.fornobravo.com/

Comment

Thanks for all the input...... I will get it figured out ........ I think part of it is that horrible Digiorno crust..... it's like a true INCH thick.... wife/kids love it (Not burnt of course) but I cant stand it.....

I did spread coals out under the stone & let it get hot, which was probably the kiss of death..... just too much heat for too long (20 minutes+-).... maybe indirect or "ring of fire" around the perimeter?.... I will keep at it....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X