Northern Grinder On Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Grinder On Sale

Still have yet to receive my check from Northern BUT, their grinder/stuffer is on sale again....

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...ct_36989_36989
    sigpic

How does it work as a stuffer?

I've been thinking of buying a stuffer. Have only used my Kitchen-Aid as a grinder, but want to make stuffed sausage as well. I know many people recommend getting a dedicated stuffer. Does anyone know how this grinder does as a stuffer as well?

Thanks!
    John K.
    Akron, OH

WSM 18.5"
    Char-Griller (modified)
    Amaze-N-Smoker
    Brinkman Gas Grill

Comment

Mine is sorta the same I got it at Cabela's. It stuff's fine for batches 10# or so. It doe's help to have someone help ya. My wife....Louie is my right hand at it. We do fine. I want a stuffer....just got other priorities...
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I picked up a grinder and a 5 lb stuffer when I was in Fl. 2 weeks ago. Now I can make sausages at both homes.
        Col. Big Guy

Comment

Anyone ever used this? Thinking about picking one up myself.
          GOSM
          Sausagemaker's Country Smokehouse
          Charcoal Grill
          Stainless Steel Gas Grill (for when I'm really lazy)

Comment

Quite a few folks on here have this grinder. I have one from Gander Mountain. Looks identical, just a different sticker on it. Works great.
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

Stuffer too? I see it is same price on Amazon. Gotta decide on hot smoker this week, Brinkman charcol, or 21" GOSM propane. Then prob pick this up next week.
              GOSM
              Charcoal Grill

Comment

Like RR said, you cannot go wrong with this grinder.. I have been using mine for over ten years and still going strong..

Yes you can use it as a stuffer as well.... It's not the best, but it does work..

Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Well, I guess as long as it works for now, I can pick up a stuffer down the road.
                  GOSM
                  Charcoal Grill

Comment

Originally posted by BrewMasterJosh View Post
                    Stuffer too? I see it is same price on Amazon. Gotta decide on hot smoker this week, Brinkman charcol, or 21" GOSM propane. Then prob pick this up next week.
                    Their stuffer works well too. Just don't force it. It has nylon gears and they can break. Don't think anyone has managed to do that yet. I picked one up for a steal with broken gears and replaced them with the metal gears.

I've got a GOSM and really like it. Whichever way you go, both will put out good Q once you get used to it.
                    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                    New Braunfels Bandera
                    UniFlame Gas Grill
                    Lil Chief

Comment

Thanks for all the input, cant wait til this weekend. Sunday is gonna be making smoke and beer. (they do go together so well) Heck, the beer making is the easy part. Just gotta practice the smokin part, haha.
                      GOSM
                      Charcoal Grill

Comment

Originally posted by BrewMasterJosh View Post
                        Thanks for all the input, cant wait til this weekend. Sunday is gonna be making smoke and beer. (they do go together so well) Heck, the beer making is the easy part. Just gotta practice the smokin part, haha.

Don't worry... You will do fine.. Just takes time.. And keep asking questions if your not sure..
                        Ken

Comment

Thanks Hunter, Ill have a lot of questions. Ive already found a lot of answers on here. You all have been great. And, I love the signature. Im am over the rainbow crazy, haha
                          GOSM
                          Charcoal Grill

Comment

Yeah... I had a Pink Floyd Moment...
                            Ken

Comment

Working...
                            X