One Week Ago Today in Lowell MI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Week Ago Today in Lowell MI.

It was just last week that Capt Dan, CrewDawg and myself were competing in our 2nd KCBS event this summer. All was going well and it was alot of fun the night before, but Saturday morning crunch time was coming up fast. CrewDawg was in charge of Chicken and he is pretty darn good at it. We got the Chicken turned in just before Noon and I'll post some pic's of the turn in boxes later, cept I'm missing Pork I think, maybe Dan will post these. Well Rib turn in is at 12:30, we had a tad too much parsley in the box and were trying to fix it just minutes away from turn in time when this happened.

Luckily we didn't lose the 2 tied together 12x12's, Capt. Dan had some damage to his truck cover, I had a small dime sized dent in my tail gate and another persons truck's side mirror got broke off. Thank God no one was hurt

The sky, which we were watching was blackening every minute and as we were tweaking the rib box all hell broke lose. Capt Dan and Geoff were holding on to the EZ Ups with both hands while I had one hand on a rail and with the other wiping some sauce off the box so I could run it ( had like a minute left) but we were close to the turn in station. As I stepped out from canopy's protection it was instant drench. Got the ribs turned in on time, but one poor fella's box blew right out of his hands about 50 feet from the station. It only lasted about 15 minutes and then the blazing sun and humidity just hit hard..

There were 30 teams and we did get 5th place in Brisket and here is our proud Captain accepting the award. Dan Prepped and cooked all the other meats.

Last edited by SmokinLee; 07-17-2010, 05:43 PM.

Dang! Just glad nobody was hurt. Stuff can be replaced...The weather is crazy! Glad ya'll placed! Plus u Cat's Rock!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

that is some crazy weather glad no one got hurt Great job placing 5th on the brisket
      sigpic
      Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
      Great Out doors grill
      Brinkman verticle
      And one great UDS
      Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Glad to hear everyone is okay. Great job on takin 5th on briskie....especially after all that happened!
        Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
        http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

It was pretty wild little storm for sure.

Our 5th place brisky. I was pretty proud of it as well as the team.

and the chicken. I thought we deserved better than 15th.

Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Great looking boxes.....Glad no one got hurt....

Tornado landed 5 miles from dover comp 4 years ago....
            Last edited by ALX; 07-17-2010, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X