Garlic Rabbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic Rabbit

I harvested a little more than 1/2 of my garlic today (450 plants) still have 300 to go.

Surprise surprise, I found a nest of bunnies (cotton tails) I took a few pics and coverd them back up. Last year I also found a nest and all five grew to maturity. I'm hoping these little fellers make it too.

Col. Big Guy

Heh...and here I was looking forward to a tasty dinner. Premature I guess... LOL! I have done rabbit in a red wine sauce a few times. Good stuff!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Lot of garlic harvested with more to come. Plus a bonus, meat growing up right in the middle of it. In a few months it will be harvest time for that bonus.
      sigpic

Comment

Future smokeswith garlic...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Big Dude....you got a fine garden! I 'm sure you & Miss Needle's werk yer hinny's off with it! Goood on all the fine stuff ya'll produce!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
            Big Dude.... Goood on all the fine stuff ya'll produce!
            Really! I havent ever grown rabbits in my garden..I dont even know where to get the seeds...
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Heh...and here I was looking forward to a tasty dinner. Premature I guess
              That's what I was thinking.

Looks like your winter dinner comes pre-seasoned BG.

Tom

Comment

brought me in hook line and sinker too. i was just thinkin' where do you purchase good "wabbit". way cool that they arent much bigger than your thumb.
                Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Thats alot of Garlic, and I thought I had alot with only about 80 plants last year. Sorry but the rabbits wouldn't of been so lucky here. They just destroy so much of my work. I commend you for that..............I guess

Comment

I grow enough of everything that I don't mind sharing some with the critters
                    Col. Big Guy

Comment

I don't want to rain on your parade but watch closely to see if the female rabbit comes back after you handled the "little guy". I uncovered a nest once by accident and a few of them crawled out. I replaced them and recovered the nest but the female would not return to them. Just curious to see if that happens in your case.

Comment

Nice garlic....Reminds me that mine has been curing a month....Havent even looked....

My cat keeps the population low,but took a few out after eating my beans...

Deer has been chewing on some things lately...

Comment

Moma comes in to feed then just at dark, she doesn't mind the human scent.
                          Col. Big Guy

Comment

Working...
                          X