Sockeye Salmon, a Yardbird, and more. Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sockeye Salmon, a Yardbird, and more. Pic Heavy

On Sat I wanted to try brining some salmon, so I found a nice piece of fresh sockeye. While I was there I picked up a $4 chicken as well.

I mixed up some brown sugar, salt, bay leaves, garlic, onion powder, etc w/ some water and simmered for an hour. I took it off and let it get to room temp, then added ice to the mixture in a tub, then added the salmon, and let sit in fridge for about 4-5 hours.

Here is the brine for the salmon

Here's the specs on the Sockeye

After rinsing and drying, i threw it on this soaked cedar plank

I used Kirklands Sweet Mesquite seasoning on this one. With a little bit of kosher salt, and some brown sugar to top it all off

Set the fish in the fridge for a few, while I spatchcocked a chicken to throw on the smoker with the the fish. I used an herb seasoning with some seasoning salt

They both went on the smoker. Using Kingsford comp and apple wood. Ran @ about 250 degrees. Here is the salmon after a short time

And here is the bird. I squeezed some parkay over the skin as I put on the smoker.

Part 2

I also had some chicken breast strips cut up and soaking in some spicy BBQ sauce with a little Terryaki mixed in, and about a dozen shrimp in a garlic herb marinade. For sides.. some asparagus, bell pepper, and portabello's were cut up and ready. These were all goin on the grill while the smoker was doing it's thing

Here's the sockeye after the smoke (took to 140)

Here’s the bird. Taken to 165. Then to be quartered and thrown on the grill skin side to crisp skin

Here's the final plate. The whole chicken was put away for dinner this week, but I did taste test, and it was great

Comment

Now that's what I call a meal Xlnt choice of goodies for the smoker also.
      sigpic
      New Braunfels Bandera
      New Braunfels Hondo
      4-22.5" Weber Kettles
      1-26" Weber Kettle
      24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
      Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Looking gooooooood
        Chargriller Pro w. sfb
        Ducane 4100 propane grill
        Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

WOW.... That's a Awesome Looking Plate
          sigpic

Comment

good stuff

Veggies on the grill - guess I'll have to try that at some point :-)
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
              good stuff

Veggies on the grill - guess I'll have to try that at some point :-)
              It's the way to go!

My wife insists on grilling all vegetables now. We cooked them in the oven one night it was too hot out, and she wouldnt touch them

Comment

Yes Sir!...Dat do look good!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

now thats a heck of a spread there TDome!!! brine is very simalar to mine cept i dont boil it. just mix til dissolved... but that is sure some pretty salmon you have there!!! and the rest is icing on the cake!!!
                  Charbroil SFB
                  GOSM
                  MES
                  Dutch Ovens and other CI
                  Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                  Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                    now thats a heck of a spread there TDome!!! brine is very simalar to mine cept i dont boil it. just mix til dissolved... but that is sure some pretty salmon you have there!!! and the rest is icing on the cake!!!
                    Thanks Erain.

I just simmered it for a little bit, didn't boil. Thanks for the points!

Comment

Man...you folks are literaly killing me with the salmon.....Great job on this meal man...........

Comment

Working...
                      X