spicy-fied peanuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spicy-fied peanuts

While I was getting some almonds ready to smoke, my better half asked me about making some smoked peanuts for her. The only peanuts I had around the house were roasted, salted in-the-shell peanuts. So we spent an hour or so shelling them, and I decided that I'd try some spicy peanuts, since we both like spicy.

Her favorite sauce is Franks Red Hot, she puts it on everything. So I thought, why not try it on the peanuts? I made a sauce of about 1/3 cup melted butter, and about 1/2 cup of franks. Poured it and the peanuts in a bowl and tossed well. I let them sit for a while while the last batch of almonds were smoking, stirring occasionally.

after the almonds came out, I spread the peanuts on the rack and just to "kick it up a notch" I sprinkled them liberally with cayenne pepper powder. Stuck 'em in the smoker for about an hour (since they were already roasted) at 240. Man I have to say these things are good. Nice franks flavor up front, and a big hit of heat after a couple seconds. They went so fast I didn't get a chance to take any pictures! lol.

Definitely need to get to the store and pic up some more peanuts!
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Cool!....Another reason I can have some Natty's.... Gonna add that to the grocery list! Sound's real good!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

OK...Now ya done it...Now I gotta smoke some peanuts...I know they'll taste great...Gotta see how the look since there werent any pics
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

now that I think about it, there might have been a bit of brown sugar in the sauce too. I can't remember if that was in the almonds, or the peanuts. Or both. I'm thinking it might have been both.

Oh and to be fair, the frank's/cayenne idea wasn't totally mine, I thought I had seen something similar in a post here and now I found it again. It was Wutang's spicy cashews

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6335
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Nice work. I just made some again using peanuts this weekend. Instead of Franks & cayanne this time I used Tapatio hot sauce and chili powder. Glad you gave them a try.
          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Working...
          X