Fresh Jalapenos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Jalapenos

Wow. Last year I grew my first jalapenos. Did horrible. Maybe a foot high and 2 or 3 on each. Some never matured, so I chopped and dehydrated those at the end of the season. This year they're going stupid. Nearly 3 feet tall and each has 4 to 6 on it and more blossoms too. (planted 12)

Last Sunday I picked a dozen 3 1/2" japs. Notice the marks on them? They should be real good! Should have waited to make the relish. Oh well. These'll make some great ABTs. The first pic is from 2 weeks ago.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Good on ya Double R!....I knowed ya got plans for them!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Mine are just coming around... Should be harvesting the Reds by the weekend.. Need more for my sauce..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Sweet RR....Been eating mine about 3 weeks.....Letting ten plants go red for jap chipotles as usual.....

Gonna do the gunny relish soon...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
          Sweet RR....Been eating mine about 3 weeks.....Letting ten plants go red for jap chipotles as usual.....

Gonna do the gunny relish soon...
          Thanks! Since these are doing so well, I was hoping to let some go red too. We'll see.

Get after that relish. Incredible.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

Great start...Mine are finally getting into gear...A few turning red...I rarely ever pick them green...but thats just me...
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

I have a good crop this year but I eat the heck out of them and can not wait for them to turn red. what is the diif in taste on red vs green
              Terry here
              Still have Christene

Comment

Working...
              X