Cheap, easy solar dehydrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap, easy solar dehydrator

It's cheap and easy to build. Its solar powered. Made from cardboard but could be made out of more permanent materials. This thing is just begging to be fabbed out of scrap stainless steel.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Do-It...m_medium=email
    sigpic

You come up with some of the coolest link's! Oww...Louie! Too much chit layin around is da look!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I have subscriptions in print and electronic to almost every kind of handyman and ag magazine/newsletter there is. You would not believe some of the stuff that comes by me everyday. Not to mention, what I see that other people build to drive, fly, cook on, or some other tool or machine. Also got plans today to build a really cool house out of old retired 30" in diameter grain bins. Thats not a new idea, but now there are companies that all they do is design and build houses out of them.

All this stuff reminds me of the Roadrunner and Wiley Coyote, a new idea for every situation. poor old Wiley just wasn't smart enough to think everything all the way through.

I grew up on build it yourself instead of buy it. Its cheaper, works as good or better, will last longer and gives you increased pride, skill and knowledge. One day the bad stuff may hit the fan, if it ever does, a lot of people would wish they could build them some of the stuff that they rely on just to get half way through a boring rainy day on their day off.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
        I have subscriptions in print and electronic to almost every kind of handyman and ag magazine/newsletter there is. You would not believe some of the stuff that comes by me everyday. Not to mention, what I see that other people build to drive, fly, cook on, or some other tool or machine. Also got plans today to build a really cool house out of old retired 30" in diameter grain bins. Thats not a new idea, but now there are companies that all they do is design and build houses out of them.

All this stuff reminds me of the Roadrunner and Wiley Coyote, a new idea for every situation. poor old Wiley just wasn't smart enough to think everything all the way through.

I grew up on build it yourself instead of buy it. Its cheaper, works as good or better, will last longer and gives you increased pride, skill and knowledge. One day the bad stuff may hit the fan, if it ever does, a lot of people would wish they could build them some of the stuff that they rely on just to get half way through a boring rainy day on their day off.
        You sure they use the 30 inch grain bins? Most of us would have to loose a lot of weight...

Comment

Originally posted by Beer-B-Q View Post
          You sure they use the 30 inch grain bins? Most of us would have to loose a lot of weight...
          Thanks Paul, should be 30'. Guess my fingers got carried away or I had yet another blonde moment. I think its a neat idea, but my wife said no way she would live in one. The ag building down in Shawnee County is built from a few old grain bins. Its a neat looking building. Right around the corner from the Shawnee County Annex and down the street from Westar.
          sigpic

Comment

From my experience in being around metal buildings, I wonder how many feet of insulation it would take to make one liveable?

Comment

The article said they blow 2" of low VOC foam and a layer of blown on fiberglass insulation.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/do-it...m_medium=email

My 16X20 tool shed has galvanized metal skin and I have about 3" of foam insulation on it. Stays warm in winter and cool in the summer. Not burning hot like an oven that a normal backyard shed gets.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X