Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cashew Chicken and Lee's Pot Stickers

Not smoked or grilled, but damn good.
    This is NOT the nasty "cashew chicken" that is so popular here in the Ozarks and starting to spread to other parts of the country.
    This IS similar to cashew chicken like you'd find in better Chinese restaurants around the country.
    I used to drive a big truck over the road. And since I love Chinese food, I made it a habit to eat it in every part of the U.S., even if I had to take a cab because a truck was too big. In other words, I love Chinese or Chinese-American or what ever the purists want to call it.

So here we go. This is the cashew chicken just finishing up in the wok.

A bed of pork fried rice.

Cashew Chicken is served.

Lee's Pot Stickers and ginger sauce for dippin'. I didn't make the pleats either. No matter, they taste and look great!

These will definitely be a permanent part of our Chinese menu. In fact our "traditional" Christmas dinner usually consists of beef and broccoli, fried rice, egg drop soup, egg rolls, shrimp toast, and now these.

The plate is from a china set that my Dad got in Hong Kong in 1966. I only used it for the pic. We don't eat on them. They are hand painted and trimmed in gold and use has started to wear it away, so they stay in the china cabinet.

Tom

thankx for the tease......no recipe?????

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Sure look's good! Gonna try some of them sticker's!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Wow that whole meal looks wonderfull. Maybe instead of hoppin john for new years, we will have to make chinese dinner, with some black eye peas on the side.................

Comment

Yeah man looks damn good....Love the look of that....

Comment

I'm all over that stuff!.... Like Steve said where's the recipe?
            sigpic

Comment

WOW that sure looks good - add me to the list looking for the recipe
              Scarbelly

Comment

Cashew Chicken

Ingredients:

4 boneless & skinless chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
                2 cups cashew nuts
                2 large green bell pepper (cut into small square pieces)
                20 thin slices ginger
                1 large onion (cut into small square pieces)

Marinate:

4 teaspoons baking soda
                4 teaspoons corn starch
                2 teaspoons rice wine or white grape juice

Sauce:

2 tablespoons oyster sauce
                1 tablespoons soy sauce
                3/4 cup water
                1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
                2 teaspoons sugar
                2 teaspoons rice wine or white grape juice
                1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
                Salt to taste

Method:

1.Marinate the chicken meat with the baking soda for 15-20 minutes and then rinse the chicken thoroughly. (Please make sure that the chicken is properly rinsed clean of the baking soda.)
                2.Pat the chicken meat dry with paper towels and then marinate with the rest of the ingredients for 15 minutes.
                3.Mix the sauce together and set aside.
                4.Heat up a wok with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and stir-fry the chicken meat until the color turns white or half-cooked. Dish out and set aside.
                5.Add another 1 tablespoon of cooking oil into the wok and add in the ginger slices, bell peppers and onions.
                6.Stir-fry until you smell the peppery aroma from the green peppers and add the chicken meat back in.
                7.Add in the cashew nuts and do a few quick stirs.
                8.Add in the sauce and stir continuously until the chicken meat is cooked and well coated with the sauce. Add salt to taste, dish out and serve the Cashew Chicken hot with steamed white rice.
                Serves 6

Tom

Comment

Yeah Baby!.... That's a keeper... Too late for tonight though... Made Cashew Wolverine.... Not as good as yours
                  sigpic

Comment

Now that there is a mighty fine looking plate! of Food! The plate is cool too. But the food Rocks! I'm hungry
                    Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                    Yoder Wichita
                    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Working...
                    X