A quick sourdough post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick sourdough post

No prep stuff, just the end results. A while back, Keith, AKA Bassman, was kind enough to send me some of his dried SD Starter. It's been a while since I made any cuz I would eat the stuff as fast as I could and I had to drop some pounds for my big 2 week canoe trip. Well the trip is done and time for me to start thinking about getting my winter layer built back up

Made 2 loaves, one just the SD, nothing added, the other was a 3 Italian cheese with burnt onions added. Diced up a onion from the garden, then sauteed it till it started to slightly burn. To make a long story short, the entire loaf was consumed in about 30 minutes with some help from the kids. I'm not the best baker in the world, but this homemade stuff sure beats the hell out of the gourmet store bought stuff anyday. Thank Bassman.
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Just beautiful man. That's good stuff there. And your slitting, very good.

Tom

Comment

Good looking bread, Todd! I was just reminded that we're out of sourdough rolls. Guess I need to get busy also. Glad you're enjoying the starter.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Great looking sourdough MH. Kudos...
        ---------------------------------------------------
        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Right on, Todd!
          Great looking bread! I'll bet that cheese and onion was a great combo.

Comment

Man...I love that SD! Nice....
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I don't get it.
              Are folks here actually bored with homemade bread?
              Has this forum reached it's peak already?
              Do we not think outside the box anymore.
              Come on folks, this is beautiful bread. Show him some love.
              Good grief!!

Tom

Comment

Awesome job Bro!
                I have some of Keiths Starter and we LOVE it.
                Make some darn good stuff.
                Little hot this time of year for me to fire up the oven but it's dang good stuff.
                Love the flavor and lightness as well.
                SKOL
                Vman

Comment

Man I want some of that 3 cheese and onion - just asked Mrs Scar to get the starter out of the fridge so we can get some going
                  Scarbelly

Comment

One thing I forgot to do when making this batch was mix the onions and cheese in the dough. I forgot all about adding the onions and cheese when I was mixing it. I think I was drinking beer when I made it LOL. When I had all the dough mixed up, I should have split the batch in 2, one plain and the other back into the mixing bowl and add the onions and cheese. Instead, what I did was let it rise and only when it came time to set in the pans did I realize I screwed up, so I had to quickly roll it out and spread in on, sorta like when you make cinnamon bread as you can see the similarity to that of cinnamon bread in the photo. Next time I will not have so many beers and mix it in. Plus, I will double the amount of cheese and maybe triple the amount of onion. One thing is for sure, it was fantastic. As I told Bassman, I have tried to make bread for years, never being successful at it until he gave me his starter. Boy, I hope his head don't swell up too much if he reads this

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
                      Plus, I will double the amount of cheese and maybe triple the amount of onion. One thing is for sure, it was fantastic. As I told Bassman, I have tried to make bread for years, never being successful at it until he gave me his starter. Boy, I hope his head don't swell up too much if he reads this

So how much cheese and onion did you use and what kind of cheese? We just pulled out the starter to make some tomorrow
                      Thanks
                      Gary
                      Scarbelly

Comment

Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post
                        So how much cheese and onion did you use and what kind of cheese? We just pulled out the starter to make some tomorrow
                        Thanks
                        Gary
                        With the batch of dough split in half, it was 1/2 cup each, onions and cheese. I might even try putting the onions on a cookie sheet in the oven next time as well to get them a bit toasty. The cheese we get at Sams club from Bakers and Chefs. Provolone, Cheddar and mozzarella. Pretty good stuff. I used that in the
                        ABT's as well.

Comment

Man...looks great....Wish i was allowed to make sourdough...Long story...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                            Man...looks great....Wish i was allowed to make sourdough...Long story...

Allowed???? Long story????

We have time

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                              I don't get it.
                              Are folks here actually bored with homemade bread?
                              Has this forum reached it's peak already?
                              Do we not think outside the box anymore.
                              Come on folks, this is beautiful bread. Show him some love.
                              Good grief!!
                              well i sure aint bored with the homemade breads... keep em coming people... i hope all that are really into the breadmaking dont feel this way. i feel kinda bad... kieth sent me also some starter and i have been dabbling with it for some time now and have not made a post in appreciation to him or to any of the others who take the time to do so... have made breads, buns for sammies, and the hotcakes are to die for. the flavor has really gotten good over the months... so to Gunny, Lee(he got me going on my first bread), Kieth( for the starter and the pm's with instructions), Gunny, Walle, Meathunter, and whoever i forgot... to you all!!!
                              Charbroil SFB
                              GOSM
                              MES
                              Dutch Ovens and other CI
                              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X