My Buddies Traeger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Buddies Traeger

Been talking to a good buddy for a couple years about smoking, bbq-ing, sausage making & food in general..... He finally got a new Traeger for his birthday..... The initial problem was he could not get it level.... It was built out of square/plumb or something.... His 1st attempt at chicken he said was excellent.... Then he was ready for Brisket..... He loaded it up at midnight with a full hopper & everything was looking good..... In the morning 6 hours later..... the fire had went out everything was cold..... He was pretty frustrated at this point.... He did say Traeger was sending him out a new part for something & they were going to upgrade his control box? to a different more expensive one for free...... Nice to see they are standing behind their products, but not the way I wanted to see him welcomed into the smoking world....
    sigpic

That sucks.

Tom

Comment

Scott does he have the North American built one or the China Built one. I believe from a friend that all Traegers are built in China now, Not sure...but nice they are helping him
      ---------------------------------------------------
      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      KCBS CBJ

Comment

Not sure Zeek..... I also remember reading that they moved their plant to China (At least it was not Canada!)... Yeah, that's a joke... :)
        sigpic

Comment

A friend of mine with a Treager just accepts the fact that sometimes it just shuts off Im thinkin that for the $$$ that you pay for one of those they oughtta work right...every time...I cant remember ever checking on my Chargriller and finding it cold....
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

This morning I drug mine out, preparing for a smoke. Plugged it in and nothing. Found a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse and it started working. I realized within 10 min that something was wrong. The fans were not blowing in the firebox. Anyway , called Traeger support and we did some troubleshooting. There are now 2 new fans and a new control board on their way to me. Customer support was excellent ...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              Then he was ready for Brisket..... He loaded it up at midnight with a full hopper & everything was looking good..... In the morning 6 hours later..... the fire had went out everything was cold....
              Wonder what the internal temp was of that brisky
              sigpic
              New Braunfels Bandera
              New Braunfels Hondo
              4-22.5" Weber Kettles
              1-26" Weber Kettle
              24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
              Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

but not the way I wanted to see him welcomed into the smoking world....
                If you wanted to welcome him to smoking, you would have show him how to build a drum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
                  If you wanted to welcome him to smoking, you would have show him how to build a drum.
                  No time to tend one..... Although reading all the posts on them, they seem to be pretty easy to run & efficient..... maybe eventually.....

I will not be buying a Traeger for sure
                  sigpic

Comment

No time to tend one.....
                    Tend one . . . a drum??

Surely you jest.

Dave
                    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                    UDS 1.0
                    Afterburner
                    Weber Performer
                    Blue Thermapen
                    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                    Auber Smoker Controller
                    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                    -
                    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
                    X