Beirocks on the smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beirocks on the smoker

mama made these up and had some leftover dough so lets make some rolls and a loaf of bread.

have not tried them yet but just take a wiff as they sure do smell good dont they
    Terry here
    Still have Christene

Man Damn...Louie said i'm slackin! You On It! Uhhh....slide me some of dat & a Natty! Nice....swear I can smell it!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
      Man Damn...Louie said i'm slackin! You On It! Uhhh....slide me some of dat & a Natty! Nice....swear I can smell it!
      Gaureenteed a good cold natty and one of them thar bierocks is on its way
      Terry here
      Still have Christene

Comment

I can smell 'em from here. Mmmmmmm.

Tom

Comment

I'll bet I could make a great pulled pork sandwich with one of those. Looks excellent.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Lookin good. Lookin real good...
            https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
              I'll bet I could make a great pulled pork sandwich with one of those. Looks excellent.
              had some leftover beef roast so I'm a thinken chop it and some good Q sauce and a BBQ Beef sammie
              Terry here
              Still have Christene

Comment

Freaking sweet........

Beer does rock!!!!!!!!..........

Comment

look awful good... but i got to ask, so is it bread or is this "bierock" you speak of, something different??? either way looks dang good terry!!!
                  Charbroil SFB
                  GOSM
                  MES
                  Dutch Ovens and other CI
                  Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                  Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

The bread looks awfull good, but like said; I have a bierrock post on here somewhere, but they have a filling in them. But still that is great lookin bread.

Comment

Can I ask a stupid question?... What is Bierocks?
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice job. Looks good.
                        SCOTT

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Can I ask a stupid question?... What is Bierocks?
                          From Wikipedia

Bierocks are meat-filled pocket pastries originating in Eastern Europe, possibly in Germany or Russia. The dish is common among the Volga German community in the United States and Argentina. It was brought to the United States in the 1880s by German Russian Mennonite immigrants.[1] Bierock is filled with cooked and seasoned ground beef, shredded cabbage and onions, then oven baked until the dough is golden brown. Some variants include grated carrots.
                          Other spellings are bieroch, beerock, berrock, bierox, beerrock and kraut bierock in the U.S, and Pirok or Kraut Pirok in Argentina.
                          Bierocks are similar to the pirogi of Russian cuisine. It is likely that etymologically bierock (pronounced somewhere between "brock" and "brook")[2] is borrowed from Russian or Ukraninian pirog, or from some other East or West Slavic vernacular.
                          In Argentina, "Fiesta del Pirok" (Festival of Bierock) takes place every July, in Crespo, Entre Ríos Province.[3]
                          sigpic
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          New Braunfels Hondo
                          4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                          1-26" Weber Kettle
                          24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                          Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

There a 3 pans of Beirocks 1 pan of rolls & 1 pan of bread.
                            the beirocks are filled with gnd beef cabbage onions garlic cbp dash of cayene will try to post a pic of a sliced one.
                            I had some of the rolls last night you can taste the hickory flavor ya know that smelled so good yesterday. they went great with several natties
                            Terry here
                            Still have Christene

Comment

bierocks are pasties made with bread dough instead of pastry.
                              If you don't know what a pasty is, it's basically a bierock made with pastry instead of dough - like this.

I believe they're also similiar to pirogues

Mind you I was thinking

That's an awful lot of leftover dough. Oh what a shame that you'd have to eat all that lovely bread, so some of those pans have filled rolls in ?
                              Cor, give your wife sme (if it'll let me think the last points I gave out were to your wife also lol)
                              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                              X