New Cutco knife set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cutco knife set

Got my 32 piece Cutco knife set on Sunday. Not really bbq tooks per se but, I like the salmon knife to cut ribs and brisket for comps because it leaves a smooth cut without tearing the meat. Got to be the finest set of American made knives!!
    www.nopigleftbehind.com
    -----------------------------

wheres the pics? And How did you get them. I have 2 cutco knives I got off ebay. I want a whole set tho. You will never be sorry you got those that's for sure.
    Jerod
    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
    sigpic

Comment

I am interested in why you like those knives - we looked at them some 20 years ago and opted to go with Henkle and Foreschner because they felt better in our hands - I see lots of folks singing their praises so I am interested to hear why
      Thanks
      Scarbelly

Comment

I have some friends that have relatives that work at the factory. They got me the set.
        www.nopigleftbehind.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post
          I am interested in why you like those knives - we looked at them some 20 years ago and opted to go with Henkle and Foreschner because they felt better in our hands - I see lots of folks singing their praises so I am interested to hear why
          Thanks
          I bought a small set of Henkle knives and they are very good no doubt. Well, I think you buy things like knives because of what you said.....they just felt better in the hands. I bought one before and really love it....that prompted me to want a whole set. I like the way they feel, the edge is amazing and they will sharpen them for free.
          www.nopigleftbehind.com

Comment

Interesting thing about Cutco products. I like a bargain just as well as the next person, but these 2 items would send me searching e-bay for what I was looking for as long as the Seller was NOT a Cutco dealer. Sales tax on a service? Sales tax on postage & insurance?
            Let the buyer beware and aware!
            http://www.cutco.com/customer/faqDetailTax.jsp#2

Why charge sales tax on Catalog orders?

Because we are a "direct sales" company, not a "catalog" company, and registered to do business in all 50 states, we are required to collect and remit sales tax.
            Why is shipping / handling taxed?

We are required to collect and remit sales tax on our SERVICE of Shipping / Handling. This SERVICE includes, but is not limited to, Packaging, Postage, Shipping and Insurance. Therefore sales tax must be calculated on the total of the merchandise plus Shipping / Handling amounts.
            sigpic
            New Braunfels Bandera
            New Braunfels Hondo
            4-22.5" Weber Kettles
            1-26" Weber Kettle
            24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
            Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

There are a number of companies that if they have a presence in that state must charge sales tax. If you do not have a presence in the state you don't have too. Now the states will argue that's not true and I know in SC they ask if you've bought anything online......YEAH, like I buy anything online

Don't like paying taxes anymore than anyone else, but since I got these at a fantastic price and the delivery was free.....I couldn't pass the deal up!!
              www.nopigleftbehind.com

Comment

I to like the feel way better the a h&k. I also believe the knife holds a edge much better. But they are also harder to sharpen. I also believe that h&k are way over rated. They do have good knives but you must purchase their top end section which is probably where they made their name from. Sorts like a pontiac always been a poor mans cadillac. Just my opinion but take a look at the different kind of metals they blades are from one product line to another.

Goose can your friend sell them to anyone?
                Jerod
                GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GOT14U View Post
                  Goose can your friend sell them to anyone?
                  She visits once a year and the employees get only so much they can buy....you can see why I'm sure.
                  www.nopigleftbehind.com

Comment

Good deal...I'll keep a eye on ebay
                    Jerod
                    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                    sigpic

Comment

I love my Cutco knives.
                      “Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
                      Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed.”
                      - G. K. Chesterton

Char Griller 7474(w/SFB), UDS, WSJ Mini-drum conversion, MES 30

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                        Interesting thing about Cutco products. I like a bargain just as well as the next person, but these 2 items would send me searching e-bay for what I was looking for as long as the Seller was NOT a Cutco dealer. Sales tax on a service? Sales tax on postage & insurance?
                        Let the buyer beware and aware!
                        http://www.cutco.com/customer/faqDetailTax.jsp#2

Why charge sales tax on Catalog orders?

Because we are a "direct sales" company, not a "catalog" company, and registered to do business in all 50 states, we are required to collect and remit sales tax.
                        Why is shipping / handling taxed?

We are required to collect and remit sales tax on our SERVICE of Shipping / Handling. This SERVICE includes, but is not limited to, Packaging, Postage, Shipping and Insurance. Therefore sales tax must be calculated on the total of the merchandise plus Shipping / Handling amounts.
                        Welcome to Canada. It has nothing to do with Cutco, it's called the GST - Goods and Services Tax. ANY goods, including catalog sales, and SERVICES, including shipping and Handling, haircuts, etc. are taxable.

Hey, that's how we pay for our Socialized Medical .....
                        Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                        GOSM x 2
                        Vermont Casting Grill
                        Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

Originally posted by Dionysus View Post
                          Welcome to Canada. It has nothing to do with Cutco, it's called the GST - Goods and Services Tax. ANY goods, including catalog sales, and SERVICES, including shipping and Handling, haircuts, etc. are taxable.

Hey, that's how we pay for our Socialized Medical .....
                          I'm not sure how Canada got into the mix here, but Cutcos' headquarters are in New York. While they have offices in all 50 states, I'm just a bit miffed at the sales tax on postage, insurance, handling and I'm sure there's some fleecing fees and bamboozling charges also. Case in point; when I go to the Post Office to mail a package across the country, I don't pay sales tax on the postage or the insurance to insure said package(the post office is providing a SERVICE, good or bad) and I'll be damned if I'll pay it to any co., I don't give a rats ass how good their product is. My point in this whole thing was get the best deal that you can get and it appears that the best deal is not having to deal directly with Cutco or any of their co. reps. E-Bay, baby.
                          sigpic
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          New Braunfels Hondo
                          4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                          1-26" Weber Kettle
                          24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                          Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

I just started a thread on knives. I am looking to get a good set to maybe even pass down my my son.

In ALL my research, and I have been researching now for 2 days, Cutco are the worse knives out there. Customer Service in basically non exixtant.

Tho, on one of the knife forums (cooking for engineers web site), folks was standing up for cutco, but the general consensus of other owners that had them, they are the bottom of the list.

I have NO dog in this fight, but was interesting how I found this thread, since i am researching knives. But was just being a bit of a devils advocate. I have read several reviews of knives over the course of 2 days, and Cutco did not come out well, from cooks illistrated, to epicurion, etc.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

So what were some of the tops ones ???? Very curious
                              Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                              I just started a thread on knives. I am looking to get a good set to maybe even pass down my my son.

In ALL my research, and I have been researching now for 2 days, Cutco are the worse knives out there. Customer Service in basically non exixtant.

Tho, on one of the knife forums (cooking for engineers web site), folks was standing up for cutco, but the general consensus of other owners that had them, they are the bottom of the list.

I have NO dog in this fight, but was interesting how I found this thread, since i am researching knives. But was just being a bit of a devils advocate. I have read several reviews of knives over the course of 2 days, and Cutco did not come out well, from cooks illistrated, to epicurion, etc.
                              Jerod
                              GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X