Smoked Rockfish Tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Rockfish Tacos

Last Sunday the wife and I went to Lapush WA to go salmon fishing the fishing was hot 25-30 miles south of Lapush I forgot the net and bait at the house so 12 miles south i turned the boat to head for shallow water and catch some rockfish we hit a spot that was red hot we had our limit by 0830
    Today i decided to try some fish tacos never had them before but they sounded easy and good I had some chicken legs and thighs to fall back on if i did not like the tacos
    I fired up the smoker and started the chicken when the smoker got good and hot and the smoke started to roll I wrapped the rockfish fillets in bacon so they would not dry out in the smoker placed into the smoker with cherry wood let the fish cook for 45 min when the bacon got done i pulled the fish out of the smoker the fish looked awesome I will be doing this again soon only without the chicken LOL
    here are the pics

Happyness is a full smoker

Damn....You and Scott are living the life up dere...

Fantastic.........

Had some bay rockfish other night foiled in citrus...I miss the cold water....

Comment

Good looking taco. There's nothing better than fresh fish.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Very tasty looking

so if you didn't have any bait - how'd you catch the rockfish ?
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I use Jigs to catch them a 3 OZ lead with a hook on it it looks like a minnow

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

Been eating fish tacos ever since I was in my teens. Started down in Baja in the 80s. Didn't see them up here for years. Tradidtionally they are served grilled or deep fried with cabbage shredded carrots and radish slices. Never tried them smoked with bacon and cheese. Leave it to this crowd to cover something in bacon and cheese!
            I'll have to try that. Good job!

JT
            JT

Comment

Outstanding tacos Huey... I like it.. Damn shame cant find Rockfish here in the DFW area..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Awesome looking Tacos Huey!!!!... Do I need to print you out a boat/fishing checklist?....lol...I like Rockfish better than salmon in tacos, so maybe forgetting your bait was a blessing in disguise?
                sigpic

Comment

Oh hell yeah!
                  Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                  Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                  SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                  Yoder Wichita
                  Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                  Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                  Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Dern sure look's good!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                    X