Sierra Nevada Sourdough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sierra Nevada Sourdough

Well I said I was gonna do it, and I did.

Ta daaaaaa. I give you my latest creation. Sourdough with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Instead of the water that the bread recipe calls for, I used beer. Was pretty worried at first as the high hop aroma of the pale ale was a bit overwhelming when mixing it up. After the first punch down of the dough, the odor was almost gone. The end results were a pretty good bread. The beer did lend a different flavor and will do this one again, only I see the next one as a burnt onion, cheese and beer bread. Man, thats almost a meal in itself

Thanks for checking out the post.
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Not a fan of beer (trust me I've tried everything), but beautiful loaves.

Tom

Comment

One Time!...they are right! chit...scale's say ain't happenin! Ya got a IOU from me!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

That is awesome my friend - Looks like the next one is going to be even better by the sound of it - Cant wait
        Scarbelly

Comment

Rockstar Loaves Right Their...... I am outta but most definately worthy of it.... Beautiful color .... You Bread Guys Kick-Ass on here
          sigpic

Comment

That looks Schweeet. What kind a flour did you use?
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

great looking loaves man, that cut one shows a really nice interior ... real lreal fine!!! Fish was outta points so i wil co-send you some puntas on that fine looking bread!!!
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                That looks Schweeet. What kind a flour did you use?
                The wife buys bread flour for me, says it works better than regular flour
                https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
                  The wife buys bread flour for me, says it works better than regular flour
                  She's right. You can get it at Sam's Club in the 25# bag for about $6.25.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Working...
                  X