Maple and Pepper Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maple and Pepper Bacon

I was lucky to receive some cure from my friend Todd - I was really concerned that a 14 day cure on the bellies was going to be an issue
    but I did a fry test and soaked for about an hour and it was all good
    This maple cure is amazing

Here is the pepper cure

Here is the maple cure

here they are sealed up and ready to freeze
    This is the maple

This is the pepper

This is so good - I have done this a few times before and this is by far the best we have done - Thanks Todd
    Scarbelly

Looks good. I'll PM my address to you so you'll know where to ship a pound or so.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
      Looks good. I'll PM my address to you so you'll know where to ship a pound or so.
      Glad to send you some - anything up to the 10# we cured - oh maybe we ate a couple of # testing
      Scarbelly

Comment

looks good gary!
        sigpic
        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Aloha Scarbelly. Congratulations on getting the Bacon smoked. I know you were concerned about overcuring, but I am glad to hear that the 1 hour soak seemed to have taken care care of any concerns you may have had.

I hope you won't mind me asking. What kind of cure did you use? TQ ...or instacure#1?

Comment

Originally posted by Old poi dog View Post
            Aloha Scarbelly. Congratulations on getting the Bacon smoked. I know you wer about overcuring, but I am glad to hear that the 1 hour soak seemed to have taken care care of any concerns you may have had.

I hope you won't mind me asking. What kind of cure did you use? TQ ...or instacure#1?
            On the pepper I used TQ on the maple I honeslly dont know- I got it from Todd Johnson
            Scarbelly

Comment

lmao the first two pictures are the same picture :-)

Not that there'd have been much difference anyway lol

Bacon looks good.

looks fairly pale, did you smoke it ?
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I haven't tried making bacon yet but when I do, I hope it turns out as good as yours looks.
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Nice work as always Gary
                  JT

Comment

I gotta try this bacon thing. You guys are killing me with this homemade stuff. Looks great.
                    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Woowee! Dang sure would enjoy some 'o dat on bread with lettuce and some 'mater. Oh slightly toasted bread too please.
                      Nice bacon Gary. I have 6 hogs going to slaughter next week. I will be reserving some pork belly for a shot at this myself. Thanks for the inspiration
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
                        Woowee! Dang sure would enjoy some 'o dat on bread with lettuce and some 'mater. Oh slightly toasted bread too please.
                        Nice bacon Gary. I have 6 hogs going to slaughter next week. I will be reserving some pork belly for a shot at this myself. Thanks for the inspiration
                        6 hogs is a lot of bacon! Just in case you need somewhere to store any of the pork, I hereby formally and shamelessly volunteer
                        Scarbelly

Comment

That is FINE looking Bacon Gary..... I gotta get on this also.....
                          sigpic

Comment

Sweeet...Nicely done sir.....

Comment

Just beautiful. Kudos...
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
                              X