Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Burner For all you Welder's & Fabricator's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Burner For all you Welder's & Fabricator's...

Okay....For all you Cat's that can weld, fabricate & you know the gig! I made this in 92 after I retired from the USAF. Told my FIL I need a shrimp boiler. We made this...he tought me a lil about stick welding...hate it, he Rock's at it. I got me one of them wire feed like MarkR...that lil machine Rock's! All made with rebar & scrap he had. Reckon I got a 12 pack of Busch in it....yeah Freak...I said Busch! Told Dana...BBQ Engineer I used a Zerk fitting for the gas...man it'll get blowin...Yes Louie...i'll tell em about the farkin peanuts.....had a big ass pot of boiled peanuts goin...got bizzy...yes alcohol was a factor.. burnt a hole clean thru dat pot!

Last edited by Slanted88; 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM. Reason: mo pic's......
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Now that's what I'm talking about

I was looking at all those fancy ones out there, and I went for a simple jet like the one you built...Used it over the weekend to deep fry some fishies...Plain and simple, it worked great!

I'm gonna fabricate a double jet to put in place of the POS that I replaced, and I'll do another one when I get after a Walle Wok!

The Zerk fitting is a fantastic idea...most people don't have access to a itty bitty #56 Drill to make an orifice, and a Zerk fitting would really get going...really nice!
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Mike, I givin' ya for that one. It's made from re-bar. You know me and re-bar.
      Nice and simple, effective and not bad looking either.

Tom

Comment

Let me get this straight. You have only one orifice(one place where the gas comes out) and it's a zerk fitting? Have any pics of it fired up? Would like to see that from a few different angles.
        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Let me get a bottle hooked & i'll get ya some pic's!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
            Let me get a bottle hooked & i'll get ya some pic's!
            Let's Rock! Day's of engine run. Throttle's full forward 100% full military....break the throttle's to the left & shove full forward for Maximum Afterburner! Flame on!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation

Comment

Looks good to me. In great shape for being 18 years old. Dang, in the day it was made 18 year olds could still buy the weak stuff.
              sigpic

Comment

Let's Rock! Day's of engine run. Throttle's full forward 100% full military....break the throttle's to the left & shove full forward for Maximum Afterburner! Flame on!

Is it me, or are there NO pics?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

never mind.....just scroll down idiot......LOL

thats just a zerk grease fitting?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                    never mind.....just scroll down idiot......LOL

thats just a zerk grease fitting?
                    Yep a zerk...
                    Be allright....thought ya may need a burner fix! Hot Damn! Love that killin machine! Dat flame is needin the engine troops to tune that fuel control!

Sunset Eagle Aviation

Comment

He he he he he! Dat werks.
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

how did you get the ball and spring outta the fitting?

Comment

Yep a zerk...
                          Be allright....thought ya may need a burner fix! Hot Damn! Love that killin machine! Dat flame is needin the engine troops to tune that fuel control!

Man, you are hot for them Phantoms ain't ya? It sure made for a great air show platform, lots of noise and smoke. Not to mention, I think one of the best tactical recon planes.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                            Now that's what I'm talking about

I was looking at all those fancy ones out there, and I went for a simple jet like the one you built...Used it over the weekend to deep fry some fishies...Plain and simple, it worked great!

I'm gonna fabricate a double jet to put in place of the POS that I replaced, and I'll do another one when I get after a Walle Wok!

The Zerk fitting is a fantastic idea...most people don't have access to a itty bitty #56 Drill to make an orifice, and a Zerk fitting would really get going...really nice!
                            That's what I'm talk'en 'bout!
                            I say your post on the turkey fryer, Dana and that's exactly what went through my mind. My neighbor actually built his wok burner like that on with the defuser plate - works like a charm.

My only suggestion would be - get rid of the fricking regulator and use a needle valve right off the tank. The valves like the ones on weed burners work the best.

I love propane and propane accessories....

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                              That's what I'm talk'en 'bout!
                              I say your post on the turkey fryer, Dana and that's exactly what went through my mind. My neighbor actually built his wok burner like that on with the defuser plate - works like a charm.

My only suggestion would be - get rid of the fricking regulator and use a needle valve right off the tank. The valves like the ones on weed burners work the best.

I love propane and propane accessories....
                              got a drawing or summin for us ignant fools.........

Comment

Working...
                              X