Rustic Social Burn? Any Interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rustic Social Burn? Any Interest?

Hi all......wanted to get some feedback as to possible interest in having a social smoke/ camp weekend at a local campground here in Attica, Mi 48412. The guy that runs it had expressed an interest to do a theme camp to me and I thought I might find out how much participation might be generated off the sight. It would be in the mid October area. I really don't want to make this a chore, so I was thinking even if we brought in our vittles ready to warm, I would have the Beast ready to get them to temp. That way it could be more social than a chore! This is a RUSTIC campground. Meaning it does not have electric. I believe it is being put in at this time but I can not say that it will be operational for the burn. Generators are welcome and batteries can be charged. Should not have to worry about a/c, only heat. Even if it was an afternoon visit by some it would be a blast. Please let me know if any of you have an interest in the next week or so. That way I can either get this rolling or let it go up in smoke!

Might want to post this over at GLBBA site, if you din't already.

Sooo..what- bring pre-cooked food? A pot-luck type thing?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That's what I was thinking......whether it be protein or potato.....bring it on and lets have an ice cream social( w/o the ice cream)!

Comment

why not icecream, you have coolers and iceblocks over there right ?
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

The wife and I would typically be interested in this kind of camping event but I spend most weekends in Oct & Nov on the west side of the state at my deer camp. But I'll keep an eye on this thread and if things work out and I'm home that weekend we may at least show up for the afternoon/meal. I do hope you get some interest in this event.

Can the campground accommodate a 30ft 5th wheel?
          sigpic

GOSM/propane
          UDS (Cam)/lump
          22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
          Weber Genesis/propane
          Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Pretty sure they can, Lou...
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

...........don't have the recipe for ice yet......over here....but I'm sure we can have cool beer somehow or another!

Comment

Originally posted by Marktee View Post
                Hi all......wanted to get some feedback as to possible interest in having a social smoke/ camp weekend at a local campground here in Attica, Mi 48412. The guy that runs it had expressed an interest to do a theme camp to me and I thought I might find out how much participation might be generated off the sight. It would be in the mid October area. I really don't want to make this a chore, so I was thinking even if we brought in our vittles ready to warm, I would have the Beast ready to get them to temp. That way it could be more social than a chore! This is a RUSTIC campground. Meaning it does not have electric. I believe it is being put in at this time but I can not say that it will be operational for the burn. Generators are welcome and batteries can be charged. Should not have to worry about a/c, only heat. Even if it was an afternoon visit by some it would be a blast. Please let me know if any of you have an interest in the next week or so. That way I can either get this rolling or let it go up in smoke!

Here's a link to Attica Pines
                http://www.atticapinescampground.com/activities.html

Comment

Well, right now we're reduced to tent camping, cause our popup is out of commission and these old bones refuse to sleep on the ground, especially in mid October. But if we cam cobble up sumthin to sleep on off the ground, there's a good chance Diana and I might come campin. If not, we're still close enough to drive out for the day. It sounds like a lot of fun. Brews, Bourbon & Q.

Comment

Whoops! Forgot to ask...... do they have a water supply and what are they usin for toilets?

Comment

How far is the campground from Newark, Delaware?

Man, that would be a blast to do something like that... wish it were closer...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Phil, that would be 621 miles or 10 hours and 42 minutes driving time.

Come on Buddy, you can do it. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
                          Phil, that would be 621 miles or 10 hours and 42 minutes driving time.

Come on Buddy, you can do it. :-)
                          Yeah, what's the matter with me...? I must be turning into some sorta wuss or something... Hell, all I gotta do is load the Klose on the roof of the Jeep and head west...

Truly, I'd love to go...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                            Yeah, what's the matter with me...? I must be turning into some sorta wuss or something... Hell, all I gotta do is load the Klose on the roof of the Jeep and head west...

Truly, I'd love to go...
                            Hell Phil...that Klose should know it own way back here! The Jeep might have some structural issues while carrying that hog on top....be cool to meet ya in person tho!

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
                              Whoops! Forgot to ask...... do they have a water supply and what are they usin for toilets?
                              there is a link on one of my posts here to check out the sight.....I do have a camper...if it does not sell b4 the event for 6 friendly individuals or 3 not so friendly.......

Comment

Working...
                              X