Craigslist Bandera ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Bandera ?

There is a Bandera on Craiglist and it is just a few towns away from me. Poster says it is a New Braunfels. Pics show just the usual rust on the fire box. Comes with rib racks, hooks for sausage and the four shelves. He is asking $175. Is it worth it? Don't really need another small smoker as a partner and I are looking to get a Lang 60 or the like, but I am a sucker for a deal and do like the vertical off-set design. Any help is appreciated.

"Is it worth it?" To you, probably not. If you can get it for a C-note, it might be, but that depends on how bad the seller wants to part with it, and how bad you want it. The older Banderas had much thicker metal than the ones that Char-Broil had made in China. I love mine, but then again I'm biased. They are excellent smokers as those that own them will attest to. Post a link to it if you can.
    sigpic
    New Braunfels Bandera
    New Braunfels Hondo
    4-22.5" Weber Kettles
    1-26" Weber Kettle
    24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
    Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

The link is gone and when I called the seller last night the Bandera was too. It was an original model New Braunfels with the thick steel. Best thing I've seen on craigslist. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' Dick View Post
        The link is gone and when I called the seller last night the Bandera was too. It was an original model New Braunfels with the thick steel. Best thing I've seen on craigslist. Bummer.
        When ya snooze, ya lose! Have to be quick on Craigslist. Keep your eye out as you never know what you'll find on CL.
        sigpic
        New Braunfels Bandera
        New Braunfels Hondo
        4-22.5" Weber Kettles
        1-26" Weber Kettle
        24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
        Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Working...
        X