Cooker pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooker pic

This cooker is one that I have been building the most of. The cooking surface is 3ft by 5ft. It is a reverse flow cooker so you can use wood, charcoal and gas. You can use one or the other or a combination. The gas burner is made out of 1 1/2 stainless pipe. The trailer measures 5ft by 10ft with a 4ft tongue. The first one I built like this was for goose53 and we took it to a comp and finsihed 4th cooking whole hog, the first time cooking on it.

Russell
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Broom Mill BBQ; 03-07-2009, 07:08 PM.

Thats a nice smoker. How long does it take to build one like this?
    sigpic

Comment

It takes me about 3 weekends. I can build the trailer in a day and build the cooker in 2 days. The rest of the time is preping painting and final touches.

Comment

Thats one nice cooker! I wish!
        2-22.5'' weber
        1-18'' weber
        1 smokey joe
        22.5'' wsm
        24'' smoke vault
        1-outhouse
        Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
        Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Sweet looking smoker.. What gauge is the metal??
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

The fire box is 1/8 plate and the cooker it self is 16ga. The pan under the cooking rack is also 1/8 inch plate as well. I have pics of the inside but the files are so big I have a hard time trying to up load them. I have a web site that I am in the process of up dating. I have a few pictures on there. The address is http://www.wrightsbbqgrills.com

Russell
            Last edited by Broom Mill BBQ; 03-07-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

That looks like a nice rig! I'd love to see some more shots of it, inside and out. What is the cost of this model?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Nice looking unit there. Got a model with a ladder to get to the top shelf? ;{)
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

In my whole hog thread...this is the cooker that cooked that bad boy! I can honestly say that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again from Russ....stand up guy and if something isn't what you thought it should be he will take care of it.
                  www.nopigleftbehind.com
                  -----------------------------

Comment

best thing for resizing pics is photogadget resize.

email me and I'll send you the install file. It's a little amazingly useful utility that just does the one thing - but does it well.
                    Basically you install it, right click one or lots of selected pictures, select photogadget resize, pick a size and it does the rest.
                    It's how I do all mine.

Ah ha - found the download link: click here to download
                    http://www.xemico.com/photogadget/freeware.html

I usually go for a 1024x768 pic.

Nice looking smoker - just for the record, what do you sell those for.

And what IS a reverse flow smoker ?
                    Last edited by curious aardvark; 03-10-2009, 12:52 PM.
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                      And what IS a reverse flow smoker ?
                      A reverse flow design takes advantage of "warm air rises" sort of thing. The hot smoky air exits the firebox UNDERNEATH an integral baffle plate..a SOLID one. The smoke/heat travels underneath the actual smoking box, warming the plate on the way. It is then routed thru a passage at the far end of the unit up and allowed to flow back over the food...to the exit stack at the same end, yet seperated from- the firebox input.

Advantages are a much evener temp throughout the pit, and some maintain a "cleaner" smoke... as any particulates tend to fall out in the chamber below the food.
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Well that sure was well defined there Rich.

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        A reverse flow design takes advantage of "warm air rises" sort of thing. The hot smoky air exits the firebox UNDERNEATH an integral baffle plate..a SOLID one. The smoke/heat travels underneath the actual smoking box, warming the plate on the way. It is then routed thru a passage at the far end of the unit up and allowed to flow back over the food...to the exit stack at the same end, yet seperated from- the firebox input.

Advantages are a much evener temp throughout the pit, and some maintain a "cleaner" smoke... as any particulates tend to fall out in the chamber below the food.

Comment

Rich, I couldn't have said it any better. I'll be looking for them particulates though.....
                          www.nopigleftbehind.com
                          -----------------------------

Comment

I like the ladder idea for the front rack, but it is lower than it actualy looks. It is real user freindly. The cost of the exact cooker in the picture runs about $3500 depending on the steel prices. Thanks for the info on resizing pictures I will give it a try. I will try to post more pictures of the inside soon.

Thanks,
                            Russell

Comment

Wow...great looking smoker Russell!
                              jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X