Charcoal Snobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charcoal Snobs

My name is Tim and I have become a charcoal snob. While my poor gasser is singing "Love Stinks" like the mops in the Swiffer commercials, but I digress.

Resurrected the Brinkman Deluxe last fall and have done quite a few smokes with that. Worked through my fuel issues, found GFS lump and adjusted my style of cooking to this consistent source and am turning out some great grub with input and ideas from you folks in here.

Added a Weber Smokey Joe Silver and grilled half the summer on it. Picked up a full sized Weber and have grilled the other half the summer on that. About half done with a drum build now and I must say I'm hooked on charcoal cooking. The food is more flavorful cooked over the fire and moister than being dehydrated on the gasser.

I wonder if I can build a firebox for my gasser if I can convert it to charcoal????
    sigpic

I tore the guts outta my old propane grill years ago and use lump in it :{)
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Might as well take it to the next level and just burn wood
      sigpic
      New Braunfels Bandera
      New Braunfels Hondo
      4-22.5" Weber Kettles
      1-26" Weber Kettle
      24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
      Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

I sold my gas smoker less than a week after I got my WSM, the gasser wasnt going to be used anymore and was just going to waste space.

I had an electric a long time ago, and have never had the urge to go back.
        Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

I'm in the same boat, so to speak..... I have not used my Gasser in a couple of months.... I am anticipating using it in the Fall & Winter though when the weather will not be as good & I dont have a covered area to grill/smoke under currently.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
            Might as well take it to the next level and just burn wood
            yeppers!
            Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Converting a gas machine is easy. just make a decent firebox insert. That metal on a gasser isn't the best I don't think. I converted a gasser, never been back. Even converted an electric gourmet Brinkman. Meat just tastes better when its cooked by the slow burning of wood based fuel. Whether its charcoal, lump or just wood, or a mix of all three, the flavor can't be beat. Get that drum done, you can't beat a UDS. I owe my affair with the UDS to Bubba. My wife will tell ya, its all his fault somebody around here always has me making one. Maybe someday I'll start charging people to make them one.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X