Had Too Much Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Too Much Time

OK, everybody says when they see some of the things people do that they have too much time on their hands. So, I confess, over the last 2 weeks at various times I have had too much time on my hands. For proof I have these pictures. I have a very large scrap pile, both wood and metal. I decided to clean it up and in the process I found a busted up wooden crate. I didn't want to burn it with the all the other scrap wood, I decided I should use it for something.

So, I tried to make a birdhouse. Didn't exactly turn out how I wanted, but my weird wife likes it for some reason. Never made a birdhouse and this turned out bigger than I planned. It is 10" long, 6" wide and 7" at the wall. Didn't measure the roof size. But I put 2 extra beams at the top to sort of make it look like a barn and sloped the roof down over the sides to give an appearance of a lean-to on either side. The hole is 1" to attract all the little winter birds she likes so much. All I had was white barn paint, so thats what it got. I thought the garden forum was the place for this. Needless to say, if we want any more birdhouses, we'll buy them. Now I have to get it on a pole.

Color in that last picture is skewed, don't know what was up with the camera.
    sigpic

i am thinkin you have a hit on your hands it has that rustic folk art look to it. heck yes i would hang that bad boy in my back yard
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Man...Just this weekend we had a bunch of Purple Martins flying around. Got the look from Louie....you need to build a Martin house. So....add dat to my bucket list! Ya done good on that house.....
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
      X