cheap slicer at Sams Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap slicer at Sams Club

The Sams Club in East Tennessee have the waring pro wsp200pc for fifty bucks. Thats atleast ten bucks cheaper than anything on the web I can find. I think they must be a relatively new model. I know the one that Lowes sells is the waring pro fs150 which appears to have the same features overall and sells for 100 bucks. The fs150 doesn't have a great following on most of its online reviews. Anybody heard anything about the wsp200pc model? Might be worth fifty bucks.

Those are OK slicers.. Not real powerful, but do the job.. I have an older one similar to that one.. Works just fine, just be patient when using it
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

It's a wps200pc, if anyone wants to look it up. See no difference between it and the fs150. Don't know why anyone would have an issue with the fs150. Well.....I do know why. Most people are idiots and shouldn't be allowed to use tools.

Love my fs150. It is a light duty slicer. I've done 25 to 50 pounds at one time, no problem. If you're going to slice a couple hundred pounds at a time, look into the fs800 or even a commercial unit. The only issue I've had was the tray not sliding, or hanging up, on the bar sometimes. A little chapstick, and it slides like snot on a door knob.

50.00 is a good price. It's really not a bad unit.
      S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
      CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
        A little chapstick, and it slides like snot on a door knob.
        50.00 is a good price. It's really not a bad unit.
        Dang! Double R...that is a fine consumer report!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
          Dang! Double R...that is a fine consumer report!
          Hehe, I tell it like it is.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

I read where the fs150 couldn't do thin slicing very well. Is that true? I'd like to smoke some turkey breast and I like it thin sliced when eating. Would that be an issue?

Comment

cheap slicer at Sams Club

ten bucks cheaper

Cheap=Plastic gears
              Cheaper=Made in China
              Why not look around on E-Bay and see if you can find a Rival. I have no complaints about mine. But wait, there's more. The Rival is made right here in the good ol U.S. of A

Last edited by Mikey; 08-27-2010, 10:46 AM.
              sigpic
              New Braunfels Bandera
              New Braunfels Hondo
              4-22.5" Weber Kettles
              1-26" Weber Kettle
              24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
              Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

We have 2 slicers. A Hobart commercial stainless steel one, all you do is load the meat, select the thickness and turn it on. It runs the meat back and forth across the blade and dumps it out. Its big, weighs in at an easy 75 pounds and is setting on a table and never to be moved. The other one is a cheap, plastic Roncko brand we got 29 years ago. The only metal on this thing is the blade and gears. The rest is all plastic. But, it slices meat fine, from paper thin like at the deli and on up to 1" thick. Its a manual slicer, comes in 4 different pieces plus the blade, also cleans up easy and it is portable. When we do a family reunion, this is the slicer that travels with us. It has sliced more hams, briskets and roasts than I can recall. Cheap and plastic isn't always bad, at least in this case.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                  Don't know why anyone would have an issue with the fs150. Well.....I do know why. Most people are idiots and shouldn't be allowed to use tools.
                  Fricken Quote of the Day right Their Double R, LMAO!
                  sigpic

Comment

I have to correct myself. Our cheap plastic slicer we got as a wedding gift 29 years ago is not a Roncko, it is made by Oster. And the blade is as sharp as ever. It makes nice work of one of those little 5 pound oval hams.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think most slicers will cut meats pretty good but its the cheese that kills them!! You don't know till you try slicing a slab of provolone on it that's whats killed 2of my chefs choice 610 slicers i had to return.

Comment

Working...
                      X