Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntin Camp Snack

1 4lb 25oz can of drained Tuna

1 box 48oz philadelphia cream cheese (bring to room temp)

1 TBS of dry minced onions

1 TSP of garlic powder

1/2 a bottle of liquid smoke (or to taste)

mix well all the above in large bowl

add 8 to 16 oz of capers drained and mix into the tuna

we enjoy it on triscuits, crackers of all sorts work well also.

I like chopped up pickled jalapenos in mine.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Hmm - how 'bout subbing some home smoked salmon for the tuna and LS?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      yes, that is good. canned chicken, salmon ect works well.this is the ole secert recipe as written.lol. feel free to make changes. But, it is pretty dern good as is, and simple the way she be written.. enjoy..

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Sounds good. I have never seen a 48 oz. box of cream cheese though. I'll have to make a half batch for hunt camp this year.

Comment

I had to Google capers, never heard of them. Wonder if grocery stores around here have them? Thanks for posting this Kyote, hope to give it a try.
          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Get On it...I like it...gettin my CJ-7 ready...gonna take me Dad hunting...I'll fatten Dad up & he'll take a nice nap!...Son....where's the friggin Beer!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Needs more onion and garlic with smoked fish....or chickin. A little sour cream and mayo... I have a recipe for this... There's a couple of other things...family secret so no specifics for now!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

My favorite Zonian has been released from the little green men... its obvious cuz he said "1/2 a bottle of liquid smoke (or to taste)"

Great to see you Bill, hope all is well! zbzbzbzb

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                I am with Sir Rich!

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
                I had to Google capers, never heard of them. Wonder if grocery stores around here have them? Thanks for posting this Kyote, hope to give it a try.
                Capers.... I will try anything once... these are little round green balls of, well I dont know what they are of.. is it a plant? an herb? I faken hate them...

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                  Capers.... I will try anything once... these are little round green balls of, well I dont know what they are of.. is it a plant? an herb? I faken hate them...
                  http://homecooking.about.com/od/cook.../faqcapers.htm Capers are the unripened flower buds of Capparis spinosa, a prickly, perennial plant which is native to the Mediterranean and some parts of Asia. Their use dates back to more than 3000 B.C. where they are mentioned as a food in the Sumerian cuneiform Gilgamesh, an ancient retelling of a great flood and ark legend.

Still not sure about these?
                  --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                  www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                    My favorite Zonian has been released from the little green men... its obvious cuz he said "1/2 a bottle of liquid smoke (or to taste)"

Great to see you Bill, hope all is well! zbzbzbzb

Thanks, and yes they stuck a metal hooplaju in me twice and only becuase I liked it the 1st time.

he he he you no likie capers? they are great mixed with food. by them selves not so hot.

I am with Sir Rich!

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
                    The smaller stores have small bottles at a high price, the sam's, BJ's ect have larger bottles at a better price. the one's I buy are from Morraco.

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                    Sounds good. I have never seen a 48 oz. box of cream cheese though. I'll have to make a half batch for hunt camp this year.
                    At the Big clubs stores is where I find the larger items, cosco, sams ect.

I make this stuff every couple months. so far..every one loves it.
                    when the kids ask what the little round balls are. I tell the south american hisssing skunk rat testicales. enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                      gonna take me Dad hunting...I'll fatten Dad up & he'll take a nice nap!...Son....where's the friggin Beer!
                      I swear.... If you wrote a book Mike, I would buy it......
                      sigpic

Comment

Good stuff Bill...Going camping to the hideout in west virginia soon....Think the fish will be trout on this one...as usual...

Comment

Working...
                        X