Roasting Poblanos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roasting Poblanos

If you folks get tired of the Bassman/Walle posts, just let us know. Tracey grew a whole passel of peppers this year so we helped with some of the roasting. This week it was poblanos. Oh man, are these good! We got busy cleaning so didn't get pics of the finished ones.

sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Between me and Keith, we might be able to create one decent post!

Here are some shots of the pepper patch.

If anyone out there has a good pickled jalapeno recipe/process - give'r up! I've got japs coming outta my ears.

Keith - I appreciate the help today!

Comment

You 2 Cat's Rock! I'm gonna do this with some Jap's! Gunny's wife is on it!
      http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9342
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

You might try this recipe for the japs.

PICKLED JALAPENO PEPPERS

1 cup white or cider vinegar
        1/4 cup olive oil
        1 tablespoon pickling spice (tie in a bag) discard later
        1/4 cup water
        1 teaspoon canning salt
        Bay leaves

Wash peppers. and slice 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.

Pack loosely in a jar with 1 bay leaf in each jar.

Heat ingredients to a boil and pour over peppers in jar.

Place jar lid after wiping jar rim clean; tighten band.

Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.

Do not forget the oil. The oil is the secret. For a clear liquid, use white vinegar; for the best flavor, use cider vinegar.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
          If you folks get tired of the Bassman/Walle posts, just let us know. Tracey grew a whole passel of peppers this year so we helped with some of the roasting. This week it was poblanos. Oh man, are these good! We got busy cleaning so didn't get pics of the finished ones.

Never get tired of you guys' posts. Great stuff. That's a pile of peppers too! Keep it up. Love it.

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
          You 2 Cat's Rock! I'm gonna do this with some Jap's! Gunny's wife is on it!
          http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9342
          Mrs. Gunny's jalapeno hot dog relish is some fantastic stuff as well.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...hot+dog+relish
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

[QUOTE=Bassman;137788]

Holly Crap!..... Them aint the little coolers either, those are the FISHAWN size beer coolers right their

Pepper Overload!
            sigpic

Comment

bet the smell of them roasting is heaven!
              sigpic
              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Nice job fellas...That is a boat load....

Must be pepper day...I just finished 170 paprika peppers and my damn file wizard for computer has been acting up...Deleted everything....

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post

KEEP EM COMING!!!

love both a your posts, whether single or in duo... you can smoke them poblanos and make ancho chili pepper too...

Keith, wasnt there something about chili relenos mentioned???

keep it up pepper folk!
                  Charbroil SFB
                  GOSM
                  MES
                  Dutch Ovens and other CI
                  Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                  Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Poblano Sliders

Well, I guess I don't feel so bad hi-jacking my own post... sort a..

This is one of our favorites - nothing special, but darn good. I call them Poblano Sliders....
                    ENJOY!

Poor man pizza crust, pizza sauce, cheddar, poblano, cheddar, poor man pizza crust.

After the kids got past me...

And oh yeah... some Bassman #1 Cheddar Jalapeno grilled cheese!

Thanks everyone for putting up with us. I always have one hell of a good time kicking around with Keith - hope you enjoyed the show.

Tracey

Comment

Holy peck of poblano pepper parody! There ain't no way we could be tired of such entertaining drool worthy post by a couple a good fellas! NICE load!
                      Them sliders need to be on my table...like right now!! Kick some serious ass with that one Walle!
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Keep the post coming great job. the poblano's look wonderfull. they make excellent stuffed peppers and rellanos.

even got ya a chili roasting contraption.lol.

if ya all are not doing this it may help ya some if ya like.

when they chili is done roasting. leave em in the roaster are they can be moved to another location. then with a garden hose and spray nozzel, rinse them with some high pressure cold water. tghis will stop the cooking of the peppers and make them more meaty and for sure more tasty. plus it helps remove the burnt skin. and for sure makes handling easier.lol.

I will see if I can not dig up an ole secert pickled jap recipe for ya all. I think "El Machete" has a goood one.

The Devils whisker's
                        This makes a very tasty and spicy addition to almost any meal.
                        Bread and Butter Jalapenos
                        4 lbs jalepeno peppers
                        2 lbs onions
                        3 cups vinegar
                        2 cups sugar
                        2 Tbs mustard seed
                        2 tsp turmeric
                        2 tsp celery seed
                        1 tsp ginger
                        Wash and cut jalapenos and onions into thin slices and cold pack into jars Place remaining ingredients in large saucepot and bring to a boil. Pour hot mixture into jars,leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Adjust caps. Process 10 minutes in boiling water
                        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                          Keep the post coming great job. the poblano's look wonderfull. they make excellent stuffed peppers and rellanos.

even got ya a chili roasting contraption.lol.

if ya all are not doing this it may help ya some if ya like.

when they chili is done roasting. leave em in the roaster are they can be moved to another location. then with a garden hose and spray nozzel, rinse them with some high pressure cold water. tghis will stop the cooking of the peppers and make them more meaty and for sure more tasty. plus it helps remove the burnt skin. and for sure makes handling easier.lol.
                          As soon as they were done roasting, Tracey continued turning the drum while I blasted them with water from the garden hose. Works like a charm! Believe it or not, I learned that from a kid that was roasting Annaheims at Wal Mart a couple of years ago. Neatest trick I ever saw for cleaning peppers.
                          sigpic
                          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Wow, that's a crap load of Poblanos Bassman and great post from the both of ya...
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            KCBS CBJ

Comment

HOLY CRAP! That is definitely a Fishawn sized Beer cooler full of peppers!

I think that it is so cool that you two are right in the same area and enjoy putting up with each other...it really brings a smile to me. Awesome looking stuff there too. to both of you If I have them to give.
                              BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                              Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                              I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Working...
                              X