Grilled Halibut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilled Halibut

I work with a guy who just made a fishing trip to AK and was generous enough to share.

Tried some today on the grill:
    Righ/Left = lemon pepper and Tony's
    Middle - butter and garlic chunks

WOW - this shat is goood.

My lunch - halibut with some fresh corn and bread

Dern sure look's tasty! You on it good W!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Oh Yeah!.... Beautiful! ...... If you get lucky enough to get some more, maybe try to smoke a little chunk..... It's so hard to beat it fresh on the grill, but smoked is a real treat also.
      sigpic

Comment

one of my favorite fishes.........that plate looks awesome, simple but satisfying.
        sigpic
        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

I love that Halibut, Have only had it twice. Someday I would really like to take a trip to alaska for the fun of landing a couple of them and ship it back to myself. Nice

Comment

Or go to Alaska just for the Halibut hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
            Nice looking fish.
            Chargriller Pro w. sfb
            Ducane 4100 propane grill
            Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Dam that looks good. Halibut from the sea and walleye from the lakes. 2 of my favorite fish.

Comment

Excellent looking plate WALLE. Kudos...
                ---------------------------------------------------
                I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                KCBS CBJ

Comment

mmmmm ... you're makin me drool!

I know it ain't smoked, but best fish I've ever had, hands-down, was fresh halibut cheeks on the fishing boat in Alaska. Land 'em in the boat, kill the fish so it doesn't knock you out of the boat, cut out the cheeks, cut the skin off, sprinkle with seasoned salt and fry in a little oil. mmmm. Need to get me back up there for some!
                  Mike
                  Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    Oh Yeah!.... Beautiful! ...... If you get lucky enough to get some more, maybe try to smoke a little chunk..... It's so hard to beat it fresh on the grill, but smoked is a real treat also.
                    Okay, Fish - I employed my silver tounge and now have two more packages of halibut!

Details, brother, DETAILS! on your process of smoking it!

Comment

Woweee! Can't go wrong with a lunch like that! Sure looks good Tracey Nice score!
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Tracey asked about the smoked Halibut, I'm not posting this out of the blue......Great work Tracey!.... I used to work with a gal that would trade me her Halibut for trout.... I'm like..OK... I had a lot of Halibut, so I was smoking some. This was a while ago, and who can afford Halibut for smoking nowadays? Lol.... So as best as I can remember I cut the filets so they were about 1 1/4" thick for more area to absorb the brine... Brine overnight in 1 gallon water, 1 cup Kosher salt, 1 cup Sugar, 1 Cup Brown Sugar, 1/2 cup Soy sauce.... After brining, let dry on racks with a fan on them 1-2 hours......Smoked with Alder... And when it got close to being done, I sprinkled some brown sugar and a little fresh cracked Black Pepper on the pieces (maybe 2 hours before done?)....I was using a Little Chief smoker then so temps I'm not sure of (but pretty low... 180-200+-?) and it took about 12 hours. Good Luck!
                        Last edited by Fishawn; 09-18-2010, 03:31 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X