Grand Junction, pork and hops... September 10, 11, and 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Junction, pork and hops... September 10, 11, and 12th

If anyone in my area is interested in doing a competition, I have the team entered and ready to go.

But we took a 1000 person catering for that weekend... so at this time it is just me cooking it as the rest will be handling the catering.

Competition virgins welcome... I will get you through the event.

Old hands welcome as well.

Let me know if you want in on the team. Last one to sign up plucks parsley!
    Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Im a great parsley plucker but I dont reckon I'll be in your area any time soon...Good luck to ya
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Still have room for a couple of people if you are interested.
      Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

How'd ya do, Bob? We had yet another tough weather event. Apparently to draw an analogy from the pony races, we're "mudders"
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Damn Bob, wish I'd have seen this post earlier, I'd have made the drive for that kind of experience. Hope it went well.
          JT

Comment

Got my ass kicked per usual in the normal four meats.

Got second in anything butt (one fish hating judge)

However anything butt is winner take all so no call to the stage. But nice scores out of 26 entries. Did my cured smoked salmon.

AB Judge one: 978 Judge Two: 999 Judge three 998 Judge four: 989 Judge five: 999 Judge six 999

Desert judge one: 999 Judge two: 999 Judge three: 888 Judge four: 899 Judge Five: 978 Judge six: 989

One tea tote judge in number three, does not like booze. You won't do well with a weber grill baked whiskey cake if one of the judges does not like whiskey!!!

I had a great time...... Met lots of people I did not know, met lots of people from Havabbq and helped out the amatuer class when they came through for pointers. (Though I had to explain I did not win shit... but I do cook this for some of my living for 16 years now.)

Like I said, cold beer, cooking in 85 F sunny weather... it was worth it no matter how I placed! GOOD People.
            Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Great...I had seen the results earlier today. At least you got some satisfaction! Damn tee-totalers anyway LOL! Yes...BBQ folk seem to pretty good folk overall, don't they? :{)
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

We were having our yard sale this weekend so I didn't get to go see what was going on. It's only about a mile from my house, but I just couldn't sneak away. Congrats on your scores even if you didn't win big.
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Sounds like fun, Bob! I'm just glad you were able to round up a crew. When I didn't hear back from you, I figured you found some ringers - I'm not much of a comp guy but I can follow orders!

Couldn't beat the weather - thanks for updating all of us.

Comment

Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Great Pic's Bob, Thanks for sharing, I love attending these comps, great bunch of folks.

Comment

Working...
                      X