Grilled Tomatoes, Ribeye steak, Pepper Onion Morels, on the Weeber w/Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilled Tomatoes, Ribeye steak, Pepper Onion Morels, on the Weeber w/Pics

well i was gonna make some a them stuffed ribeyes like Mark R did per BBQG... well i just couldnt do it, not that i shudnt have or may not do in the future... the stars just didnt align today... but i did have me 4 nice thick ribeyes i was gonna slit open but instead didnt. instead i just drizzled with evoo and added a bunch of malabar pepper and some sea salt... hmmm no pic... anyhow for the sides. brought this up from the garden, some san marzanos, and some jalepenos, the other misc pepper i didnt use.

some morels rehydrated...

a cupla onions sliced...

onions, morels, sliced up red and green jalepenos, all into pan to be sauted in butter. added a little malabar pepper and seasalt in this as well.

to put this in perspective, the shrooms were being sauted while i prepped the tomatoes and steaks and had them on the grill. had to multi task a lil bit...

the tomatoes i cut in thick slices, 1/2 inch or better. again evoo and malabar pepper, seasalt treatment to both sides. put steaks on the grill and the tomatoes imediatly after.

this pic out of sequence a bit, pretend you dont see that cheese ok..... i flipped the maters right before flipping the steaks and added the fine diced jalepenos and let cook the entire time the steaks cooked on second side.

steaks are about done, had some four cheese blend left over from abt's last week or the week before... added a good pinch ontop of each tomato slice and put the cover on the grill for a minute or so.

i hope they taste as good as they smell....

any of you all who still have tomatoes ya gotta try these. mine needed a tad more salt which was easily remedied. the only seasonings i used today was sea salt and malabar pepper....

thks for checking out my pics... hope ya try them tomatoes out!
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Man o Man...Bigggg Daddy! E.....That is don't call me late to the table! You are on it!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Yes, once again I had to give you . Mouth watering is the only description that comes to mind.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

damn that looks good!! those mater look really good mmm

Comment

Now that's a meal fit for a KING

for a mouth watering plate. Damm that looks good.
          https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Im humbled once again E...Seriously good lookin stuff there...Stewed maters on the grill.........Hell I gotta try that one
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
              Im humbled once again E...Seriously good lookin stuff there...Stewed maters on the grill.........Hell I gotta try that one
              it was just an off the cuff thing but will be done over and over again... use a paste tomato bud... those san marzanos are the ticket. next year i am downsizing(well not really, just reduce number of varieties) to mainly them and the consteleto genovese... maybe a few cherry maters and a black krim or two...
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI

sigpic

Comment

San Marzano is a good choice...tried something diff this year and been sorry ever since...oh well...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Holy attack of the killer Tomatoes ~E~ That is one fine dinner, done up PRO STYLE!.... Weber Nation.....

On edit.... I guess I'm out.... Point worthy fo sho tho
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                    San Marzano is a good choice...tried something diff this year and been sorry ever since...oh well...
                    John Marzano used to catch for the Mariners..... Just sayin......
                    sigpic

Comment

I know that just had to be good. I'll have to do a search on the mater variety you speak of.

Edit. I guess I'll have to owe ya them points

Comment

That's an awesome meal, Erain. Love the mater idea. Was looking for a side with dinner tonight.

Tried to expand on it some this evening. Didn't turn out like yours and not pic worthy. Tasted great though. I'll work on it.
                        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        UniFlame Gas Grill
                        Lil Chief

Comment

Morels in August. Not sure I like you any more.
                          Looks damn good though. In fact it looks good to me.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                            Morels in August. Not sure I like you any more.
                            Looks damn good though. In fact it looks good to me.
                            sorry bud.... i got enuff left for one more fling at something with morels as a side yet. these dehydrated from this spring are not 100 percent like fresh picked but 90 percent still makes them very outstanding. so one more time yet maybe....
                            Charbroil SFB
                            GOSM
                            MES
                            Dutch Ovens and other CI

sigpic

Comment

damn.....that's all i got!
                              sigpic
                              it's all good my friend..........