Wok 003.jpg

Wok 004.jpg

Wok 006.jpg

Wok 007.jpg

Wok 008.jpg

Wok 009.jpg

Wok 013.jpg

Wok 014.jpg

Wok 018.jpgNot sure where to put this, , ,Ken, feel free to move it around, I'm not sensitive.
    Found 1 24 in. disc at the local JD dealer. $60. Found a 22 for the lid for free, rusted.
    Sand blasted the bunch after the welding, with some other stuff. Not sure how I'm gonna intigrate it with Whisky Fish. So stay tuned.
    JT

Looking good man - I am working on a bunch of recipes to play with on this great toy - Breakfast is all over this thing
    Scarbelly

Comment

Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post
      Looking good man - I am working on a bunch of recipes to play with on this great toy - Breakfast is all over this thing
      All ears here brother. I'm thinkin of bringing stuff off my grill and throwin it in the Wok with some veggies. Gonna be fun.
      JT

Comment

I dont understand? is it a wok? if so what is the chain on the bottom for?

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
          All ears here brother. I'm thinkin of bringing stuff off my grill and throwin it in the Wok with some veggies. Gonna be fun.
          Did you see my Paella post?
          I am thinking of some chorizo eggs with some smoked cheese that are following some bacon preceded by some home fried taters -with a wok this big we can cook up some stuff and push it up the sides to rest while we finish the other stuff
          Scarbelly

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
            I dont understand? is it a wok? if so what is the chain on the bottom for?
            Sorry, The chain is strictly a handle for the lid. I welded the links together in an arc. Figured the open links would stay cooler. The lid is the smaller of the two discs, turned upside down, so it would fit inside the larger Wok disc which is on the bottom. Does that make sense? sorry been feasting on a strangers BBQ, beer and Jack
            JT

Comment

ohh ok i see now cool

Comment

that is a cool ass wok.......
                sigpic
                it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Cool Big Time JT!...... Great Work Brother ..... Looking forward to the progress....
                  sigpic

Comment

That is a serious looking wok JT. Kudos...
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    KCBS CBJ

Comment

WF - very nice! Great idea sand blasting it - wish I had a blaster! Love your handle - haven't worked much with chain, but will be stealing your idea of making the arc - genious! Can't tell if you've already started seasoning it or not, but my $.02 would be to hit it with a lap wheel before you do just to slick it off good. Gotta remember that you're working with steel not caste. I'ts been my experience that steel doesn't take the seasoning as well and you need as smooth a surface as possible.

TOOLS: I've tried a bunch of spatulas, and my dad and brother have tried a boat load. This one is about as good as I've found.

http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering...viewAllOutlet=

The best are the old carbon steel ones that taper down to almost the thickness of a piece of paper from the handle to the end ~ 8".

Can't wait to see the burner you come up with, or are you just going to sit it on a turkey frier?

As far as food... you're only limited by your imagination, brother! I've cooked everthing in mine from biscuits to bass, coffee to carne asada, and just about everything in between.

Here's a good one to get you started... Bacon Cabbage

Cook up 1lb bacon - chopped. When your pieces are crispy, push them up on the side and saute a couple of chopped onions. When they are carmalized, push them aside and add two heads of chopped cabbage (this is where your lid will be the bee's knees).. let the cabbage cook down in the bacon grease and when it is where you want it, pull everything together and add a little salt and pepper. Woo Damn! You can make a meal outta that alone.

Your wok will be loaded at first, but the cabbage cooks down a lot.

KEEP US POSTED!! on your Walle Wok

Comment

Awesome cabbage twist with the bacon. I'll do it. I did season it like Cast iron but that was more to protect it from rust, until I get the time to work on it again. I'll also take your advice on the lap wheel, I was wondering about it sticking. Thanks for your help.

JT
                        JT

Comment

Way too cool JT! Man you are going to wok all over the competition if ya hook that baby to Whiskey Fish! Dude all I do is dream about this for now. I am too busy to do anything else about it right now. Frggin awesome wok bud!!
                          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

U Wokin with that! I Like it!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Real nice work on the wok.
                              GOSM
                              Sausagemaker's Country Smokehouse
                              Charcoal Grill
                              Stainless Steel Gas Grill (for when I'm really lazy)

Comment

Working...
                              X