Colorado Peach Syrup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Peach Syrup

A friend dropped by a box of Palisade (Colorado) peaches this afternoon. We decided to make pancake syrup, so have been busy all afternoon and evening. First we scalded and peeled the peaches, sliced into a bowl of water with Fruit Fresh (citric acid). Cooked them down a bit then ran through the blender. I didn't get any pics of that process as I didn't even dare touch the camera.

This is the fruit, lemon juice, pectin and a dab of butter to prevent foaming.

After adding the sugar, bring to a boil for 1 minute.

Poured into quart jars, stand up side down for 5 minutes and invert. Looks like a winter of sweet pancakes!

Thanks for checking out my peachy pancake syrup.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Looks really good. I'll have to pass though. We're not having a winter this year.

Tom

Comment

Well shoot we have winter around here, but nothing changes much. Just means I have to put a jacket on once in a while

(where's that smiley duckin' tomatoes, beer bottles,eggs and monkey dookie??)

Holy pancake pimpin' jamboree!! Wow those look wonderful! Nice syrup!!
      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Eek... that sounds incredible!.. i bet its tastes out of this world!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

We couldn't resist. Took a couple of sourdough rolls out of the freezer, warmed them up and smothered with warm peach syrup.Good stuff.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Wow what more can I say
            2-22.5'' weber
            1-18'' weber
            1 smokey joe
            22.5'' wsm
            24'' smoke vault
            1-outhouse
            Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
            Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Hot O Mighty! I knowed that hasta be some tasty stuff! Okay...Dat is clickin the scales on it!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

no hot water bath?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

That shitlby good.................Great Idea

Comment

Um, , ,base for a pork glaze??? Screaming for pig!! dunno just a thought.
                    JT

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                      no hot water bath?
                      No water bath for these. In each batch (3 quarts) there is 8 cups of pureed fruit and 8 1/2 cups of sugar). We just make it like modified jelly.
                      sigpic
                      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Dang, Bassman! You put up the jelly like we have to in those quart jars... pints at my house are just a waste of time. "We" screwed up a batch of blackraspberry jelly a few years back that didn't set up. Something about double batches... or something... - best farking pancake syrup you can get... well maybe besides peach!

Oh yeah, and since you didn't share the final picture after they were cooled down and labled, I thought I should go ahead and do that for you.

WALKING DUDE - with jelly, after you have that shat at a rolling boil for a few minutes, you just pour, cap, and seal. No critters gonna live past that volcanic process!

to ya Keith for making me this morning.

Comment

That is some fine looking syrup right there - please check your PM for my address
                          Scarbelly

Comment

Not much better than an altered photo.....

Syrup sounds/looks great
                            sigpic

Comment

Pretty Cool !
                              V

Comment

Working...
                              X