Thermapen...... I am......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermapen...... I am......

In Awe of this thing...... First of all, it was about 2X the size that I had anticipated it would be.... Which I was Really happy about.... RE: Cell Phones the size of a Matchbox Car.... NO FN THANKS!... Fast....WOW!.... used it on some burgers tonight & the wife unit asked for hers well done.... As usual.... although instead of grilling it until it was a Hockey Puck by visual, I put the Thermapen on hers.... 170* and still some Pink in the middle.... I will grill it no more...... If you want it cooked more than that, microwave it or whatever.... A poor cow gave it's life for your burger, I honored it to your wishes of well done 170* (not mine of med-rare-med)... .... Now I have Science to back me up...... if well done is 170*?..... WTF is 258* that she likes? ... ... OK..... Enough abooot her..... I kinda anticipated this thing to be cool, but as I took it oooot of the package & made my way from the house to the garage & then the grill...... the temps were calculating up, down, stable, up..... down....and QUICKLY.... pretty cool..... I know a lot of you have them & I have never heard a negative about them here, I am really impressed with the first 4 hours with it.... Design, size, function, color (LIME GREEN - FASTEST )..... Can't wait to put it to work on more projects....

Last edited by Fishawn; 09-02-2010, 02:49 AM.
    sigpic

Yeah, I love mine as well. Dang things are handy aren't they...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    KCBS CBJ

Comment

Great thing to have, and any food service pro needs one. And the rest of us too... I don't know how I got along without it. Well, yes I do... overcooking food while waiting for readings to stabilize!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Man, I always wondered if those were worth the $$$. Have always used my dial one. (yes, they are slow). Looks like Im gonna be telling the Mrs. I have yet another item on the "I really need this" list
        GOSM
        Sausagemaker's Country Smokehouse
        Charcoal Grill
        Stainless Steel Gas Grill (for when I'm really lazy)

Comment

Now I have Science to back me up...... if well done is 170*?..... WTF is 258

Cremation
          Scarbelly

Comment

Im pretty sure 258 is the temp that beef vulcanizes and becomes an official NHL game puck. ( they gotta get their supply from somewhere)
            GOSM
            Sausagemaker's Country Smokehouse
            Charcoal Grill
            Stainless Steel Gas Grill (for when I'm really lazy)

Comment

Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post
              Now I have Science to back me up...... if well done is 170*?..... WTF is 258

Cremation
              he heh

Yeah love mine too!
              JT

Comment

Wow it is bigger than i thought they were too, compared to the beer can

Comment

Uhhhhh.....Whats that note on the monitor....Baldfu...
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Boy Fish after all the discussions on color and speed you got the slow one. Everyone knows RED is FASTER........
                    If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
                    Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                      Uhhhhh.....Whats that note on the monitor....Baldfu...
                      hehehe..... Part of my password to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse website... Too many passwords, gotta cheat & write em down...
                      sigpic

Comment

Oooohhh yeah, I love mine also! I bought the incredible ultra-fastest ORANGE one, and my wife fell in love with it also... so I got her one of her own for Christmas last year... the GREEN one like yours... mine's faster

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

OK OK you all have me interested in the probe....
                          Where and how much did you find it for... The least expensive??? Any sponcers sell them ???

The last time out on the web they where in the $80-$90
                          range... Are they that good??
                          Good Smoking...

Paul
                          Weber ONE-TOUCH GOLD 22.5" W/Rotisserie
                          Brikmann 4 burner gas (propane)
                          smoky mt smoker gas (propane)
                          Vortex non-S/S
                          Digital thermometers 723 type
                          ETC....

Comment

Ya'll got me pretty much sold on these suckers too, if for nothing else than cookin fish. I HATE raw fish so I usually end up over cooking it. I guess it'd be kinda nice for cookin pork chops too, cause just a little over done and they dry out.

Comment

Originally posted by smoking paul View Post
                              OK OK you all have me interested in the probe....
                              Where and how much did you find it for... The least expensive??? Any sponcers sell them ???

The last time out on the web they where in the $80-$90
                              range... Are they that good??
                              http://thermoworks.com/products/ther...thermapen.html
                              Free shipping also

Yes, they are that good!
                              sigpic
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              New Braunfels Hondo
                              4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                              1-26" Weber Kettle
                              24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                              Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Working...