Asian style stuffed chicken wings w-pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian style stuffed chicken wings w-pics

I am a big fan of chicken wings, not just the buffalo sauced variety. This version is way outside the box.

A stuffed chicken wing served with Nuom mam pha(a vietnamese dipping sauce).

Nuom Mam Pah:
    equal parts:
    vinegar
    sugar
    water
    fish sauce

simmer this and some sliced cabbage, carrots, sliced serrano peppers, and garlic. Really quick, really good.

Alot of prep involved. Whole wings have the drummie removed, and then the wing portion with the wing tip attached are deboned. The deboned segment is filled with stuffing, i made a pork stuffing that had pork I gound myself, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, mirin, black pepper, green onion & serrano pepper.

I was hoping to smoke some of these, but after a test run of steaming then pan frying I think that is the best method. Quick, 7.5 minutes in the steamer, and a few minutes in the hot oil to crisp the skin.

The results are awesome, crispy, popping with flavor, and with the salty, sweet, hot and sour dipping sauce.

chicken drummies seperated:

deboned:

stuffing:

stuffed:

finished:

sliced:

dipping sauce:

glad I did a test run, got my timing/method down.

thanks for looking.
    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

LOVE IT JIM!..... Very Cool !...... Was trying to wait for to reload, but thought I would at least give ya the big thumbs up for now.... Here ya go
    sigpic

Comment

I bet they were good! Hasta be a pita to prep!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

thanks guys,

these were good, ive got some more pics of the showtime batch, ill load them tomorrow.

deboning the wings was tough, but i got the hang of it by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
          deboning the wings was tough, but i got the hang of it by the end.
          nice job sticking with the prep and they sure look worth the x-tra effort! nice job!
          sigpic
          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

thanks,

here is my final plated version. These went over real well:

Ill be doing these again for sure.

Comment

for originality -- and a great lookin plate
              sigpic
              Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
              Great Out doors grill
              Brinkman verticle
              And one great UDS
              Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Originally posted by smokemania View Post
                for originality -- and a great lookin plate
                thanks man,

I laid the wings on a bed of fresh cut jalapenos for garnish and nibbling. Cucumber and carrot was to kind of cleanse the palate.

Comment

Them look great. I will have to try that the next time I stuff some drummies.
                  The pic of the sliced wing reminds me a bit of a drummy I stuffed with chicken sausage a while back.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                    Them look great. I will have to try that the next time I stuff some drummies.
                    The pic of the sliced wing reminds me a bit of a drummy I stuffed with chicken sausage a while back.

thanks

Stuffed drummies, those sound good....... i reserved the drummies for this recipe and tossed them in the freezer, I think I need to try that.

Comment

WOW...That is very nicely done Jim...I need to try more of the asian flavors...I always like it when i do....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                        WOW...That is very nicely done Jim...I need to try more of the asian flavors...I always like it when i do....
                        thanks man,

I am really hooked on Thai & Vietnamese food right now. Love the flavors, and the freshness of the ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
                          thanks man,

I am really hooked on Thai & Vietnamese food right now. Love the flavors, and the freshness of the ingredients.
                          Those look awesome. Thanks for another great idea.

Love both of those foods as well. Had Vietnamese neighbors for a while and they'd bring over leftovers after family gatherings. Their eggrolls were to die for. They made a sauce similar to the one you just did. Sweet chili sauce, water and a splash of fish sauce. If you need more specifics, I'll make a batch and post it.
                          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                            Those look awesome. Thanks for another great idea.

Love both of those foods as well. Had Vietnamese neighbors for a while and they'd bring over leftovers after family gatherings. Their eggrolls were to die for. They made a sauce similar to the one you just did. Sweet chili sauce, water and a splash of fish sauce. If you need more specifics, I'll make a batch and post it.

thanks ray,

id definitely like to check out that sauce recipe you mention.

Comment

Working...
                            X