Contest in Beaufort, SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest in Beaufort, SC

A first time contest was held in Beaufort, SC to benefit the Caroline Hospice organization this past weekend. It was a small field but still had some outstanding cookers attending.

I was fortunate again to take Grand Champion; 2nd in pork and 2nd in ribs on my WSM's.

Next contest next weekend in Union, SC.
    www.nopigleftbehind.com
    -----------------------------

Congratulations on the win! Sounds like you know what you're doing with the WSMs.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

congrats on your win -- for some reason the pics did not come through
      sigpic
      Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
      Great Out doors grill
      Brinkman verticle
      And one great UDS
      Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

I had my camera but didn't get to take any pics. This was a butts and ribs contest and I brought my 22.5 and my 18 in WSM's with me. 8 fairly large butts do not cook very well within my time frame. I wished I had put 6 on the big cooker and 2 on the smaller one and fast cooked them so I could have my ribs on about 5am. I was sweating because the butts cooked to within a hour of turnin time. I didn't know if I was going to have anything to turn for the butts contest!! I worked out in the end I guess. Thanks for the well wishes!!
        www.nopigleftbehind.com

Comment

Great job....I definetly understand the camera deal...At last comp i took 3 pictures and they were of Dover race track that we were cooking in infield.

Comment

Congrats on GC gooose. You sure are racking up the wins this year...
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Congrats on the call Gooose.. Keep winning like that and you will get an invite to the Jack..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Congrats

Great job on the GC

GOSM
                K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                Digital Thermometers
                Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Awesome Goose! Congrats!!

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                  Congrats on the call Gooose.. Keep winning like that and you will get an invite to the Jack..
                  Ditto that! How sweet would that be?

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Cooking in the Jack would sure be cool.....except these cookoffs are SCBA cooks and I don't think they qualify. We usually cook one or two meats in our cooks not the four in KCBS. The best I've done so far in KCBS is 9th...but, that's only our 2nd KCBS cook we've done. We're getting better and alot of credit goes to you guys and the guys in SC that got me started and still help me out when I have questions or just want to run something by them.
                    www.nopigleftbehind.com

Comment

Working...
                    X