Smoked-Meat Forums

Smoked-Meat Forums (http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/index.php)
-   Working With Flour (http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rainy Day Sourdough Bread (http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41848)

Bassman 08-28-2016 01:31 PM

Rainy Day Sourdough Bread
 
Well, I haven't posted anything for a long while. Decided today was the day to make some bread. As usual, this is started the night before making the bread. Two loaves of cinnamon raisin and two of regular.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...r/100_3518.jpg

Closer shot of the cinnamon raisin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...r/100_3519.jpg

Thanks for checking out my bread.

BYBBQ 08-28-2016 01:38 PM

Looks delicious :drooling::drooling: Great job :thumb::thumb:

Loafing poi-nts :lol: :lol:

Doug S. 08-28-2016 01:56 PM

Really wish I could bake :( bread poi-nts, looks great :thumb:

SMOKE FREAK 08-28-2016 02:02 PM

Yeah I couldn't make bread to save my life...I still have one of the "starters" that I got from Gunslinger...

Bread looks great...poi-nts

Bassman 08-28-2016 02:09 PM

Thanks for the points guys! For those wanting to make their own bread, I would start with a basic white loaf until you're comfortable working the dough. From there, it's really not all that difficult.:thumb:

HawgHeaven 08-28-2016 02:32 PM

poi-nts poi-nts poi-nts
That looks ridiculously yummy!! :drooling: :welcome: :hail: :thumb:

barkonbutts 08-28-2016 02:47 PM

Wow great! poi-nts love fresh bread with some real butter!!

Abelman 08-28-2016 03:17 PM

Great Job Kieth!

Nothing really like fresh baked bread....especially sourdough :drooling:

poi-nts

SMOKE FREAK 08-28-2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassman (Post 623825)
Thanks for the points guys! For those wanting to make their own bread, I would start with a basic white loaf until you're comfortable working the dough. From there, it's really not all that difficult.:thumb:

Keith...It is that difficult :faint:
Seriously with my arthritis, kneading bread is impossible...
Maybe with one of them new fan-geld bread machines or something...

Bassman 08-28-2016 04:08 PM

Thaks Phil, Brian and Pete! Craig, I also have arthritis and along with
COPD there's not a lot left that I can do. I have an old stand mixer with dough hooks so there's very little kneading by hand. Not looking forward to the day when I have to quit althgether.:faint:

Slanted88 08-28-2016 07:30 PM

Dooo like that Cat Daddy! :thumb: scale clickin right!
:faint: Louie was in a fridge clean mood yesterday...wth is this with the dark water on top of this heavy, whatever...you throw that :faint: out...it's the sourdough...ohh...well pull the cork out of your azz & make some...K...just been lazy...:noidea: no...then she said...how bout sourdough pancakes foe the mens & ladies breakfast at Church...

Bassman 08-28-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slanted88 (Post 623907)
Dooo like that Cat Daddy! :thumb: scale clickin right!
:faint: Louie was in a fridge clean mood yesterday...wth is this with the dark water on top of this heavy, whatever...you throw that :faint: out...it's the sourdough...ohh...well pull the cork out of your azz & make some...K...just been lazy...:noidea: no...then she said...how bout sourdough pancakes foe the mens & ladies breakfast at Church...


I know what you mean Mike. Sometimes I go for a couple of months without using my starter. Then I get the bug and use it a couple time a week.:thumb:

HornedToad 08-29-2016 11:08 AM

I cannot bake... but your pictures make me want to try!!!

curious aardvark 08-29-2016 12:18 PM

Excellent looking bread :thumb:
poi-nts

Bearcarver 08-29-2016 01:12 PM

That All Looks Great, Keith!!!:drooling::drooling:----poi-nts

I'd be all over that Cinnamon Raisin Bread--OMG !!!:drooling::drooling:

Nice Work!!:thumb:

Bear

Bassman 08-29-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HornedToad (Post 623974)
I cannot bake... but your pictures make me want to try!!!

Thanks HT. You can learn and there's no time like the present.:whistle:

Bassman 08-29-2016 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curious aardvark (Post 623979)
Excellent looking bread :thumb:
poi-nts

Thanks for the points Alex.

Bassman 08-29-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcarver (Post 623985)
That All Looks Great, Keith!!!:drooling::drooling:----poi-nts

I'd be all over that Cinnamon Raisin Bread--OMG !!!:drooling::drooling:

Nice Work!!:thumb:

Bear

Thanks John! We keep a sliced loaf in the freezer at all times. Easy enough to take out a couple of slices for breakfast.:thumb:

Fishawn 08-29-2016 09:37 PM

Wow! That is Pro bread making right there Keith! Looks Awesome!

Ootta poi-nts butt totally worthy :hail:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Adsense Management by Losha

2009 - 2017