Revived My Sweet Bread Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revived My Sweet Bread Starter

Took out some sweet bread starter out of the freezer that was there for over three years. Got away from bread making but decided it was time to get back into it. Was not sure if the frozen starter would come back to life but as you can see from the pictures it is doing great. One week sitting on the counter and two feedings it kicked in.

Doubled in size

Making the dough and bread

PBC Drum Smoker
    Bradley Digital 4 Rack
    THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
    Miss Piggy Smoker
    Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Wow! That's pretty amazing! What do you feed it? I have never done this before...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Revived My Sweet Bread Starter

I've been going back and forth in my head about starting this with either the sourdough starter or the Amish friendship bread starter. It's the whole feeding thing I'm not sure that I would follow.

Seeing how great yours look gets me closer to trying it...beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Mustang electric smoker
      King Kooker vertical gasser
      Charbroil silver smoker
      Earnhardt Jr smoker
      Brinkman smoke n' grill
      a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Yum! nothing better than fresh baked bread! I did the starter thing for a while but it got too time consuming so I had to stop. Now I'm trying to limit my carbs so the whole bread baking thing is on the back burner, but I still love seeing it.
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Nothing better than fresh baked bread. Love the smell and the taste.

But these last few years I have to watch my carbs intake. It plays hell with my blood sugar.
          Jim

Comment

Yup all valid points mentioned above. I'm 60 years young and Doc told me to watch that stuff to so I found a youtube channel for that very reason. LOL
            The feeding thing was the reason I got away from it also but it is not really on this day you have to feed it :) I have gone 3 weeks and remembered I need to feed it and it survived. Keeping it in the fridge and turning it upside down every once in awhile helps. Heck after 3 years in the freezer it can get going again it must be some good Sh*t LOL

PBC Drum Smoker
            Bradley Digital 4 Rack
            THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
            Miss Piggy Smoker
            Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post
              I've been going back and forth in my head about starting this with either the sourdough starter or the Amish friendship bread starter. It's the whole feeding thing I'm not sure that I would follow.

Seeing how great yours look gets me closer to trying it...beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Lena used to do the friendship bread...That stuff was soooo good but I got sooooo tired of eating it all the time...We finally threw it out...

My experience with sourdough is what made me realize that I cannot make bread to save my ass... Still have one packet of dried starter if I ever get the urge

I have no idea what you mean by sweet bread but it looks great...
              And any starter that can survive 3 years frozen and still do the job is gotta be good...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X