Cold Weather Thanksgiving Turkey [emoji884] Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Weather Thanksgiving Turkey [emoji884] Smoke

Hey all... A couple years ago I made a wooden frame and wrapped it 3/4 of the way around with hot water heater insulation to help hold the heat. It’s supposed to be cold and a bit windy here in NJ tomorrow. I’m smoking two, 7 lb. breasts tomorrow. My plan is to be up at 6:45AM, make coffee, start fire [emoji91], drink coffee, and get the breasts going. Here’s a couple pics of my smoker with the wooden frame

That outta werk!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Excellent!

Could of used that awhile back! Also, use sand in the water pan to keep temps up.
      Pete
      Large BGE
      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
        Excellent!

Could of used that awhile back! Also, use sand in the water pan to keep temps up.

Oh yeah! Good tip on the sand! [emoji1305][emoji41]

Comment

Good move! That'll keep things warm!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yep. That'll work just fine...
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

I got a hinged 90° angle setup with 3/4 top. Might need it... blower on the WSM been staying on high..and i’m only at 275. Could add some more coals too...hmm I’ll try that now.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That ought to help!!!

Keep the open side to the West to keep the Salt water out!!

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I wrap mine in a welding blanket, makes a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope that helped and welcome to the forum, Grizz. I worked with a guy that had that nickname. Also recognize those stickers on your tool box from my dirt biking days (many moons ago). Some great Qers here with lots of knowledge and tips to pass on. I know I've learned most of my Qing skills here.
                    Mike
                    Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
                    POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
                    Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Working...
                    X