Smoked-Meat Forums

Smoked-Meat Forums (http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/index.php)
-   911 Urgent Situations (http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Nesco vacuum sealer (http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44485)

Ryan 11-13-2017 11:01 AM

Nesco vacuum sealer

Anyone have one, worth a damn? In a bind and need one today. Don't care to spend the money on a food saver with there reputation lately. Wanted to upgrade to a chamber sealer but that looks like it's out now. Current VacPro 110 not working right and still got 200 pounds of meat to get sealed today. Thanks in advance.

Richtee 11-13-2017 11:15 AM

That link don't bring us to the product... not sure of the model but Amazon has 104 reviews..totalling 4 stars... soo....

Ryan 11-13-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richtee (Post 664815)
That link don't bring us to the product... not sure of the model but Amazon has 104 reviews..totalling 4 stars... soo....

Was working now it doesn't. Think I'll have to run to shopko and take a look cause the picture shows a better model, but the description says it's the vs-02 which it would be way over priced then.

Fishawn 11-13-2017 12:20 PM

Could you borrow one? Maybe check craigslist?

Ryan 11-13-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishawn (Post 664819)
Could you borrow one? Maybe check craigslist?

Probably have to borrow one, just discovered I've got a broken leaf spring on the pickup.

Fishawn 11-13-2017 12:31 PM

Good luck!

Richtee 11-13-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 664823)
Probably have to borrow one, just discovered I've got a broken leaf spring on the pickup.

Just not yer fuggin’ day is it? :lol:

Check out Lisa’s deals..that.. 350? is a beast..

VacuumSealersUnlimited.com

Ryan 11-13-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richtee (Post 664825)
Just not yer fuggin’ day is it? :lol:

Check out Lisa’s deals..that.. 350? is a beast..

VacuumSealersUnlimited.com

No it's not , funny thing is I've got to take turkeys and ducks to get butchered Wednesday with pickup. Last year at same time had a sensor go bad in it the day before I had to take turkeys and ducks to get butchered. Pick-up must not want to go to Iowa. I'll be checking her deals out. Still want to try a different brand of bag first before I upgrade. Seams to me that VacPro doesn't like foodsaver brand bags.

Richtee 11-13-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 664826)
No it's not , funny thing is I've got to take turkeys and ducks to get butchered Wednesday with pickup. Last year at same time had a sensor go bad in it the day before I had to take turkeys and ducks to get butchered. Pick-up must not want to go to Iowa. I'll be checking her deals out. Still want to try a different brand of bag first before I upgrade. Seams to me that VacPro doesn't like foodsaver brand bags.

Maybe yer pickup is a vegan :lol:

Screw the Foodsaver brand. Get Lisa’s bags too. The HD ones. Good price and better.

Ryan 11-13-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richtee (Post 664827)
Maybe yer pickup is a vegan :lol:

Screw the Foodsaver brand. Get Lisa’s bags too. The HD ones. Good price and better.

That's where I've been getting them but neglected to keep track of stock, so had to pick these up. Yes hers just work better.

Mark R 11-13-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 664826)

No it won't like them, has to have the strip in the middle.
Lisa's bags are thicker and cheaper.

Smooth E Smoke 11-13-2017 01:05 PM

I've been using my Nesco for about a year. Works just fine. I got some Nesco bags with it they worked good. I use Lisa's bags too. Went through a roll with no problems. Good luck, I hope your day turns around.

driedstick 11-13-2017 01:28 PM

I have Lisa's 350 and it is a hog,,, I can't keep up with it LOL You will not be disappointed,, bags are awesome

Good luck

strength_and_power 11-13-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driedstick (Post 664835)
I have Lisa's 350 and it is a hog,,, I can't keep up with it LOL You will not be disappointed,, bags are awesome

Good luck

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawgHeaven 11-17-2017 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driedstick (Post 664835)

Good luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by strength_and_power (Post 664838)
X2

X3. :thumb:

nickelmore 11-18-2017 09:40 AM

If you are still in a bind this is these are the ones I use. Erain turned me onto these years ago.

Rock solid machines. You can pick them up on fleabay from 30-50. Every once in a while there is a new in box one that pops up.

The main reason I like it is that you can easily clean the pump if you get that little bit of liquid sucked into it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tilia-F-L-A...AAAOSwWHBZ8M2F

Seems there are a few listed today. I learned from a few of that ultimate vacsealer failure day so I picked up a second new in box one for a spare.

I have less than $100.00 into both of them and am very happy.

I also use Lisa's bags or Amazon. I only use the 11 inch rolls other wise I think the quart bags save time.

I will admit I am always on the look out for a used chamber machine.