Smoked-Meat Forums

Smoked-Meat Forums (http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/index.php)
-   Helpful Information (http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Vacmaster Pro 350 Users? (http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44721)

Fishawn 12-25-2017 09:04 PM

Vacmaster Pro 350 Users?

Do I need to apply fairly firm pressure down on the handle when I start sealing? My first eight bags went great, from there it seems like it's hit or miss if sucks air oot like it did the first eight bags. Pulse mode works good though :noidea:

Got seal thyme set at 2.5. Any recommendations :noidea:

SMOKE FREAK 12-25-2017 09:09 PM

Got my seal time set at 2 sec. I think...

When I seal I do hold down on the lid till it stops and the tone signals the end...

Only time I had trouble with not enough air being removed was when I tried to cheap out and use less bag...Also I make sure the bag is flat in the sealing area by pulling the bag tight left to right...If that makes sense...

There was a learning curve with this unit but now I think it's the best I have used...

BBQ Engineer 12-25-2017 09:10 PM

Firm pressure down till the vac pump catches the lid and pulls it down. For time I use 2 seconds for the first couple of seals and then I back it down to 1.5 seconds otherwise it can cut the bags in two pieces.

Fishawn 12-25-2017 09:18 PM

Thank you Craiger and Dana! I will keep messing around with it :thumb:

Richtee 12-25-2017 09:38 PM

I had to take mine aprt... because Iím a dumbass. All is well again. Dana..you should see the toroidal transformer in that puppy. Impressive.

minnbill 12-25-2017 10:21 PM

I hold both corners down till it takes hold that way i can slide the bag back and forth to flatten :banana_smiley:and get all the air out.!

Fishawn 12-25-2017 10:30 PM

Thanks Gentleman, seems to be working better .....

HawgHeaven 12-26-2017 06:13 AM

Yup. Agree with all that has been said here. Only thing I can add is make sure the vac tray and seal stays clean... :thumb:

Fishawn 12-31-2017 12:35 AM

So, my latest question with this unit is after 3-4 sealing cycles, it will not draw a full vacuum. The first 3-4 cycles draw a full vaccum and seal as expected. Then, anything after the first 3-4 cycles, I have to cut down the excess bag area between the product being sealed and the vacuum/sealing area. It seems to work ok when I do that, and pulls a full vacuum.

I dunno if its working correctly or not??? IMO! It should pull a full vacuum on whatever size bag is used, and suck out the air area between the product being sealed and the vac chamber sealing area? Mine DOES NOT do that after 3-4 initial cycles. MY FS Pro II did it every thyme (sucked oot all the air defore sealing):noidea:

Am I missing something? :noidea: I wonder if I got a faulty unit:noidea: Idunno :noidea: I have messed with all the adjustments, butt same results :noidea:

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Richtee 12-31-2017 09:17 AM

Your excessive bag MAY be blocking part of the intake port..that thingie sticking up in the vac tray area.

OR...

are you cutting down on sealing times as advised? You might be melting thru the bag at the seal bar. Thatís my bet...

SMOKE FREAK 12-31-2017 09:26 AM

What kind of bags are you using?

BBQ Engineer 12-31-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richtee (Post 669581)
Your excessive bag MAY be blocking part of the intake port..that thingie sticking up in the vac tray area.

OR...

are you cutting down on sealing times as advised? You might be melting thru the bag at the seal bar. Thatís my bet...

My bet too...that seal bar is powerful, and even if it isn't completely sealing the bag, it gets hot enough that it can soften the bag material enough to flatten the embossing so that it won't let air through...thus preventing a full vacuum on the bag. Remember that lid is being pulled down by an increasing vacuum, and as the vacuum increases, more pressure is applied to the warm seal bar and the heated bag material.

To test this theory, reduce the seal time to the absolute minimum and then run several cycles to test. :thumb:

SMOKE FREAK 12-31-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer (Post 669587)
My bet too...that seal bar is powerful, and even if it isn't completely sealing the bag, it gets hot enough that it can soften the bag material enough to flatten the embossing so that it won't let air through...thus preventing a full vacuum on the bag. Remember that lid is being pulled down by an increasing vacuum, and as the vacuum increases, more pressure is applied to the warm seal bar and the heated bag material.

To test this theory, reduce the seal time to the absolute minimum and then run several cycles to test. :thumb:

This sounds very engineery to me...In other words it might be great advice...

THE ICEMAN 12-31-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richtee (Post 669581)

OR...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer (Post 669587)

Fishawn 12-31-2017 12:16 PM

Thanks Gents, that makes sense now. Will test it out. 👍

Fishawn 12-31-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK (Post 669585)
What kind of bags are you using?

They are called Food VacBags. Got them from Amazon. I was wondering also if they might be the problem :noidea: I think it may be the seal time as Dana mentioned. I ran oot of things to seal, will have to find something to test it on I guess.

SMOKE FREAK 12-31-2017 03:28 PM

I still use the Food Saver brand...I buy them at Sam's and save some $$$$...They work best for me...

HawgHeaven 12-31-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK (Post 669619)
I still use the Food Saver brand...I buy them at Sam's and save some $$$$...They work best for me...

I use Lisa's bags... excellent quality and never had an issue with them. Food Savers in a pinch.

Squirrel 01-03-2018 04:27 PM

I have this one. I buy the bags from Lisa. 250 bags for around $20 plus shipping. Plus I can seal liquids. You know, just in case you whanna save yer breast milk.😂

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ary...VMASVP112.html