View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbranstner View Post
How do you clean up all of your pans and smokers when you are out at your place? Do you have running water by the barn?
I really don't have much to clean up. I try to prep as much stuff as I can before leaving home and put things in ziplock bags. We do have a 250 gallon water tank in the barn and haul in water every now and then...we can get 50 gallons about 20 minutes away for 25 cents. This is good to wash stuff, but for cooking I take 1-2 gallons of fresh water in with us when needed.

We also recycle as much as possible so I use a lot of aluminum pans in the kettle that I throw in the recycle bin when they get too messy to clean up.

For the Dutch ovens, I sometimes wait until we get back home to clean them up...depends on what I cooked in them. But if I need one for breakfast, I will put a little water in it and then set it over some coals or close to the fire to heat it up. They are seasoned so well now that it only takes a few minutes to clean them.

I carry all utensils in that I anticipate on needing for the weekend...knives, serving / mixing spoons, spatulas, tongs, etc...those always go into a bag and carried home and into the dishwasher along with anything else needed. Hope this answers your question.

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen

Last edited by sweet_magnolia; 04-17-2013 at 02:22 PM.