Sportsmanlike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
    Hey... Don't be picking on hockey.. At least it's not slow and can be very boring...

Anyhoo.. Me not a baseball fan but know what is cool and not cool.. Like Rich said if it is the opposing team I have seen them tossed back on the field, then I have seen them given to the kids (very cool) and then you have the Dolts that are so pissed that their team is not in the payoff run or just a dick toss them on the field to try and prove a point.. Our world is changing soooo fast from what it once was the lines are getting blurred on what was cool is now offensive and what was offensive is kinda cool.. Then you have the ones that hate everything and everyone..

I weep for the future...
    My point exactly, thanks TH...

Throwing the ball back is a punk move, IMNSHO.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
      My point exactly, thanks TH...

Throwing the ball back is a punk move, IMNSHO.
      I would rather pay 20 bonz to go see a little league game to watch kids play due to the love of the game than the pros.. But then I have to deal with parents getting all pissed off due to their kids not getting enough field time.. Ugh... It will never end..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post
        Give it to a little kid in the area...
        Winner, Winner, chicken dinner.

Can't beat that answer.
        Pete
        Large BGE
        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
          The King of Non-sequiturs strikes again...
          There IS an art therein you know.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
            Winner, Winner, chicken dinner.

Can't beat that answer.
            X2
            sigpic

Comment

My big thing is,If you caught it,Don't throw it back,At least give it to a kid in the section.We'd a killed for a ball at the old Vet in Philly when I was a kid.I damn near got my head taken off by a puck at a Junior hockey game when I first moved up here.It buzzed past my head hit the wall behind me and fell at the back of my feet.I reached down picked it up and gave it to a kid in the row in front of us.I guess as I got older,It became more of a kids thing than anything else.Although,We went to Louisville for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2016 and my wife brought me a personalized bat at the Louisville slugger museum.I did feel like a kid that day.

Comment

Our world is changing soooo fast from what it once was the lines are getting blurred on what was cool is now offensive and what was offensive is kinda cool.. Then you have the ones that hate everything and everyone..

I weep for the future...
                Amen to that, brother.

As far as tossing the ball back . . . if I was rooting for the home team and the visiting team hit it out, I'd offer it to a kid in the vicinity. If there were no kids around and I was a rabid baseball fan, I'd consider tossing it back.
                CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                UDS 1.0
                Afterburner
                Weber Performer
                Blue Thermapen
                Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                Auber Smoker Controller
                Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                -
                "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by 70stang View Post
                  My big thing is,If you caught it,Don't throw it back,At least give it to a kid in the section.We'd a killed for a ball at the old Vet in Philly when I was a kid.I damn near got my head taken off by a puck at a Junior hockey game when I first moved up here.It buzzed past my head hit the wall behind me and fell at the back of my feet.I reached down picked it up and gave it to a kid in the row in front of us.I guess as I got older,It became more of a kids thing than anything else.Although,We went to Louisville for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2016 and my wife brought me a personalized bat at the Louisville slugger museum.I did feel like a kid that day.

LOL---I felt the same way at "Connie Mack Stadium", before they built the "Vet".

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Hey... Don't be picking on hockey.. At least it's not slow and can be very boring...

Anyhoo.. Me not a baseball fan but know what is cool and not cool.. Like Rich said if it is the opposing team I have seen them tossed back on the field, then I have seen them given to the kids (very cool) and then you have the Dolts that are so pissed that their team is not in the payoff run or just a dick toss them on the field to try and prove a point.. Our world is changing soooo fast from what it once was the lines are getting blurred on what was cool is now offensive and what was offensive is kinda cool.. Then you have the ones that hate everything and everyone..

I weep for the future...
                    Heck picking on hockey is fun, specially on the state that has the stolen team from the northland...

as far as throwing the ball back, definitely a new trend that has grown, but paying the inflated ticket prices in the taxpayer funded stadiums I think they can do what they want with their souvenir, keep it, give it to a kid, and if you feel like it throw it back on the field. just as long as they not throwing it at someone.
                    Charbroil SFB
                    GOSM
                    MES
                    Dutch Ovens and other CI
                    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                      Heck picking on hockey is fun, specially on the state that has the stolen team from the northland...

as far as throwing the ball back, definitely a new trend that has grown, but paying the inflated ticket prices in the taxpayer funded stadiums I think they can do what they want with their souvenir, keep it, give it to a kid, and if you feel like it throw it back on the field. just as long as they not throwing it at someone.

We did not steal the North Stars, they drove down on their own..
                      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Well..if the opposing team hit it... well, I do see it as a “raspberry”. I’d be inclined to toss it back.
                        I do believe that this is what the original intent was and currently is.

True Cub fans and the the folks that sit in the outfield (bleacher bums) are the the most (IMHO) sportsmanlike fans of the other teams in the area.

If I had the chance of catching a home run ball hit from either team, I would most likely give it it to a kid with a mitt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                          LOL---I felt the same way at "Connie Mack Stadium", before they built the "Vet".

Bear
                          I saw a few games in Shibe Park before they built the Vet.Funny story,in 1964 after the Phils lost the 10th game to knock them out of first,My Dad,After being an A's and Phillies fan his entire life,Turned me into a Baltimore Orioles fan after I learned that Gene Mauch's first name wasn't a certain four letter word that couldn't be used around Mom.It was a typical Philly sports family even after my Dad passed in 68.My Mother and sister didn't wavier,They stayed Phillie fans and even after my Dad passed tried to convince me to come back to the fold.To the day my Mom passed she kept trying,She got me this,I thought you might like to see it.A replica of Connie Mack/Shibe Park.

Comment

Cool !!!
                            That brings back some memories!!! Definitely CM Stadium!!

I'll never forget the first time I went to Connie Mack Stadium. I had to sit way to the side of my seat, because there was a concrete pillar right in front of my seat. This was when my whole Pony League Team went to the Game---Back in 1957.

I'm still a Phillies Fan, but I don't watch them, because I don't get those channels.
                            Bear Jr watches them a lot---Like I used to, before the second Strike.

Bear
                            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                            X