Beef Ribs on the Yoder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Ribs on the Yoder!

I have never cooked beef ribs before but could not resist since getting the YS640. Good thing, they came out good.

Started by tracking down some beef ribs, I live in the Atlanta - not easy. As these were slightly anorexic, I figured they may not turn out right. I Mad Hunky'd them after laying down some Worchestesheretashire Sauce - great flavor profile (HAH!).

Utilized the 2.5/2/.5 method (?!?) as they seemed ready. The mad creation is below:

Sorry for the messy photo but these ribs fell apart on me.

Tender!
    Yoder YS640
    Weber E-310
    Maverick ET-732

YODER DABBA DO!!!
    G'Pa Herb's herbs
    KCBS CBJ CTC

Yoder YS640 w/black comp cart
    Custom made Chimney mount for Mavericks w/6' leads

Pictures of my "tool" http://smoked-meat.com/forum/album.php?albumid=258

Comment

Nice!!!!

Them Thar is me favorite of ALL the Ribs!!!!

Nice Money Shot too!!!

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

HAHA what a coincidence just went to walmart and picked up a 7lb brisket and some beef ribs for next weekend.

Comment

Fall apart or not, I could eat a plate or two of those.
          Nice.
          sigpic

Comment

for getting the job done!
            I have beef ribs thawed for today but the wind never went down, not even this evening... looks like my wife gets all the fun of smoking them during the week...
            --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
            www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Nice looking ribs, I have looked for them here and can't seem to find anything worth cooking. I have a friend that won't eat pork and every time I take ribs in to work he just waters at the mouth. i told him if I ever find any with meat on them I will make some up for us.
              God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
              Weber Performer Gold
              Masterbuilt 26" twins
              Big Chief Electric smoker
              Brinkmann barrel smoker
              LEM sausage stuffer
              Cabela's pro HD grinder
              Maverick ET-732
              ThermoWorks Thermapen
              GrillGrates

Comment

Love beef ribs, that wonderful buttery fat

Lotta times around here our beef ribs look like that and are all butchered to Hell.
                Much better if you have a Restaurant Depot around but they come in a 3 pack there.
                There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

They still look damn tasty! Best thing to do is find a meat shop that will cut you some decent ribs and put them aside for you. Orherwise they try to cut as close to the bone as posible.
                  Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                  Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                  SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                  Yoder Wichita
                  Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                  Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                  Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

They ARE hard to find in good condition. You gotta usually find a butcher and request them. Still... they look pretty good to me... I don't mind them "fall apart" with beef...it's not a pork rib after all.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                    X