Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was...... THE BEST..... Thing You Ever Ate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
    Wtf? Never tried it! On me list now. Have not had coffee in several months, butt going to fire up the Keurig (probably even spelled it wrong its been so long ) No Reeses butt might be a chocolate chip cookie left
    I have me mum's old 1949 Wearever drip coffee pot... makes the best coffee using Eight O'Clock regular grind...

No moving parts or electronics...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I'm thinking hard on this before I make a decision.

Comment

being in the biz i've had access to a lot of amazing things over the years.....but for me it wasn't the most perfectly seasoned and cooked beef, the sweetest lobster or scallop nor was it the the best chocolate mousse that i have ever had......... for me it was my grandmothers freshly made hand stretched tortillas. they were thin, light, tasty, warm and to this day i just can't understand how just 4 simple ingredients in the hands of my loving grandmother could turn into the very best thing i have ever eaten in my life. it is a smell/flavor/texture combination that i will never experience again (god rest her soul) but the part that kills me as that i will never have my grandmother slap my grubby little fat hand as i try to steal a couple while she is making her daily stack of a couple of dozen for the family..........thank you nana!
        sigpic
        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
          being in the biz i've had access to a lot of amazing things over the years.....but for me it wasn't the most perfectly seasoned and cooked beef, the sweetest lobster or scallop nor was it the the best chocolate mousse that i have ever had......... for me it was my grandmothers freshly made hand stretched tortillas. they were thin, light, tasty, warm and to this day i just can't understand how just 4 simple ingredients in the hands of my loving grandmother could turn into the very best thing i have ever eaten in my life. it is a smell/flavor/texture combination that i will never experience again (god rest her soul) but the part that kills me as that i will never have my grandmother slap my grubby little fat hand as i try to steal a couple while she is making her daily stack of a couple of dozen for the family..........thank you nana!
          That put a big smile on my face chef!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
            Yup, nothin like Mom or Nana cookin. You can take the same ingredients, from the same pantry, and it will never come out like theirs! My moms chocolate chip cookies (secret recipe), can't touch um! I have her recipe, not the same.
            Thanks Chef, made me smile.
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
              Yup, nothin like Mom or Nana cookin. You can take the same ingredients, from the same pantry, and it will never come out like theirs! My moms chocolate chip cookies (secret recipe), can't touch um! I have her recipe, not the same.
              Thanks Chef, made me smile.
              What I found is the BIG difference is their LITTLE hands... a pinch of this and a squeeze of that never equates to my fat mits.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
                best thing I ever ate..... Her name was MaryJo......
                Thought I may be the only one going there.

After I got my mind out of the gutter the first thing that popped into my head was the pan fried chocolate chip cookie served in the pan and topped with ice-cream At Alexander's steak house in Peoria Ill .Was outstanding
                2-22.5'' weber
                1-18'' weber
                1 smokey joe
                22.5'' wsm
                24'' smoke vault
                1-outhouse
                Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Well, in the same vein, when you suckseed in sending your loved one thru the headboards... oh never mind...

Pan fried chocolate chip cookie?!! I just gained ten pounds on that one!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Might of just had it, jalapeno bacon from the butcher......

Will be doing BLT's tonight
                    Pete
                    Large BGE
                    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

I never ate my g-ma's cooking but my Mom (bless her heart we never missed a meal) was NOT a good cook...Except for her fried chicken...Greasy greasy fried chicken
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

[I][QUOTE=SMOKE FREAK;666665]I never ate my g-ma's cookin.

I did have the opportunity to eat my g-ma's cookin. She burnt most stuff, the house always smelled like something was on fire. I don't think she could get the hang of the electric stove. Butt she did make the best squirrel pot pie in town. Used the squirrels g-pa got and would always be a covered dish at the church socials. There were never any leftovers.
                        Ed

Smoke Vault 24
                        Vermont Castings Gas Grill
                        Thermoworks Smoke
                        The "Fastest" Orange Thermapen around!
                        The Neighbor's 36" Blackstone

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          I never ate my g-ma's cooking but my Mom (bless her heart we never missed a meal) was NOT a good cook...Except for her fried chicken...Greasy greasy fried chicken
                          [QUOTE=Smooth E Smoke;666685][I]
                          I never ate my g-ma's cookin.

I did have the opportunity to eat my g-ma's cookin. She burnt most stuff, the house always smelled like something was on fire. I don't think she could get the hang of the electric stove. Butt she did make the best squirrel pot pie in town. Used the squirrels g-pa got and would always be a covered dish at the church socials. There were never any leftovers.
                          My mom's mom was a fantastic cook... my dad's mom, well not so much... she could burn water. Every year for Christmas, she got new pots and pans if that tells you anything...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

was on temp duty in Scotland...had a can of smoked oysters...RAF airman...what you got mate? we were on a joint exercise with our fighters...ahhwww...f'n hell that is magic...eatin them on the flightline...his boss comes over...what are you doing with the yank...having brunch...try...oh shit...this is tasty...he out ranked me as a nco...you airman will report to the club tonight...no sir not without my other 6 crew chiefs...he fed us like kings...haggis & whatever...Hall send me a case of them smoked oysters! NATO at it's finest!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I gotta change my vote up a bit.

Yesterday was me bride's birthday, so I took her to a place called Febe's Fishery in Wilmington, DE. I had oysters on the half shell that were to DIE for for me app! Then I had the special of a salmon fillet with crab meat over a bed of shrimp risotto. I thought for sure I died and went to heaven. Joni had the entire left side of the menu...

If you are ever in the neighborhood, go there. Phriggin' unreal!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks like a great spot P4!! I could eat off that menu all day for a few weeks and not hit the same dish!! prices pretty dang good too!
                                Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                                Yoder YS640
                                Weber Genesis
                                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                                Weber Performer
                                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X