No announcement yet.

Mamma does corndogs right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, if'n it had a decent dog or sausage in it, I could be on that train! Only ones I've had were greasy County Fair, didn't sit real well.
    Like to see that recipe also???
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I'm not a corn dog fan, I think it's from eating cheap ones as a kid.....but I'd LOVE to try those!! They look fantastic Craig and Lena! Delicious!
      jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
        Craig, would lena mind sharing her batter recipe? I made some with the blue box Jiffy cornbread mix (that stuff is the bestest) and it swelled up like a balloon when it hit the hot oil. I need something with a little less "rise" to it.
        You can do way better than jiffy making your own. If you want to tame the rise reduce or leave out the baking powder.

1 cup all-purpose flour
        1 cup yellow cornmeal
        1/3 cup white sugar
        1 teaspoon salt
        3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
        1 egg
        1 cup buttermilk
        6 Tbsp melted butter
        Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Nice looking corndogs.

Comment

Did someone say corndog?

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFDT2L5bPFI[/yt]
            Bored Guy Blog

Comment

OK Ice, you gotta fix that...Go get in your car and drive to the closest Sonic. Order a corn dog with yellow mustard.

Go on...get your keys.
              No...NO!!!Oh Hell No
              After you follow Lena's directions you will NEVER want to eat a Sonic corndog again...

I'll get her on the case...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Craig, would lena mind sharing her batter recipe? I made some with the blue box Jiffy cornbread mix (that stuff is the bestest) and it swelled up like a balloon when it hit the hot oil. I need something with a little less "rise" to it.

I did some carnival fatties one time that were super fun...I'll post that in a different thread...If I had a decent breading, I'd do those again.

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
                You can do way better than jiffy making your own. If you want to tame the rise reduce or leave out the baking powder.

1 cup all-purpose flour
                1 cup yellow cornmeal
                1/3 cup white sugar
                1 teaspoon salt
                3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
                1 egg
                1 cup buttermilk
                6 Tbsp melted butter

From what I was taught at very young age it was created in Texas, yes beat me up and tell me its was Minn, Ill, Cali, and some other place.. I can tell you it IS NOT Sweet meal.. Sugar back in the day was for the wealthy or used for special occasions..

Getcha-sum Fletcher's Corny Dog.... This is a older read.. https://dallas.eater.com/2014/7/10/6...ginal-corn-dog
                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Looks great, Craig. I love Corndogs and if you actually put a GOOD quality hot dog in it, GOTTA be over the top!
                  Mike
                  Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
                  POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
                  Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

OK Ice, you gotta fix that...Go get in your car and drive to the closest Sonic. Order a corn dog with yellow mustard.

Go on...get your keys.

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                    No...NO!!!Oh Hell No
                    After you follow Lena's directions you will NEVER want to eat a Sonic corndog again...

I'll get her on the case...
                    That wouldn't work anyway, I don't own a car... I own a truck...

OBTW: Craig, tell Lena to post in this thread so we can give HER points...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                      tell Lena to post in this thread so we can give HER points...
                      I'm tellin ya...I'm tellin her...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Yellow Mustard it must be! I will pick them up on the road while working sometimes, and although they ain't the best, with Yellow Mustard, they sure hit the spot. Lena's look 10 x mo better
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          No...NO!!!Oh Hell No
                          Sonic is certainly not the pinacle of corndogs...it's the only place all over phoenix that I know they are on the menu!

Best yet Ice...wait till Lena weighs in with her recipe and make a batch! Oh, and did I mention mustard? Yellow mustard!!
                          BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                          Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                          I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Working...
                          X