No announcement yet.

Snack sticks on MES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bearcarver knows..but I seem to recall..near an air intake?? Maybe? If there is one?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I never had a lot of luck with the amazn in my mes, but todd's tube smoker does real well.
      open the chip tray a couple inches for air flow, and place it to the left of the burner box. be sure to bake or microwave the chips to dry them out ...
      my two cents
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Bearcarver knows..but I seem to recall..near an air intake?? Maybe? If there is one?

Yes sir the wood chip loader is what he uses for the draft. I was thinking it was close to there. I knwonwe talked about it on here but I can't find it

Comment

in my MES 40 I was just able to have the chip loader removed and the tray in the bottom left on the floor of the unit. I left the oval drip pan in place to keep any drippage from hitting the pellets. Make sure you have the tray burning well though. I've also used an Amazen tube and it seems to burn better, but some say too much smoke.
          Kent [sigpic

Lang 36" Patio
          GMG Daniel Boone
          Husker Red UDS V.2014
          22" Black Weber Kettle V.1988
          40" MES V. 2
          British Racing Green Thermapen w/Glow-in-the-dark silicone boot!
          Thermapen Smoke

Comment

Good luck on your project, Bling.

I hang mine just because that works for my set up. I can hang 24", so try to get them as long as I can and just deal with the sorter ones.

Then, like others have stated, when finished, I chop them to length. The stack of "nubb'ins" make a lot of friends!

Here's some shots of my set up.

Hanging in the shed to bloom.

Good luck! They will be great.

Comment

Didn't get dowels today I'm going to do my own test and learn what I like and don't like here is earlier

Comment

Pellets go to the opposite side of the top vent, at least that's how I do my bacon, otherwise it will go straight up and out
                Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
                Weber 22.5" WSM
                Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
                Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
                Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
                Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
                Weber Smokey Joe
                GMG Daniel Boone
                Pit Barrel Cooker
                Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
                6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
                Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
                The Vortex

Comment

Comment

Well while I am at the 160 smoker temp mark I just got these from the oven. Got them to
                    Internal temp of 158 and said good enough. They aren't pretty but they taste pretty good to me. Just the right amount of spice too. Really anxious see how the smoked turns out though

Comment

My first batch off the smoker is done and definitely better than the non smoked baked in the oven. Oven is never again here is a pic. I need some advice on the burnt end issue. How can I stop that

Comment

Looks like you off to a good start. What temp were you running in your smoker?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanMcG View Post
                          Looks like you off to a good start. What temp were you running in your smoker?

I went 120 for a hour no smoke, 1401 hour with smoke, 160 2hrs with smoke, 180 to finish with a little smoke and took about 9hrs total. I didn't pinch or twist the ends off so I figure that's why they burnt on ends?

Comment

Originally posted by Blinginpse View Post
                            Quick reminder here for me. Where are you guys laying the amazn pellet tray in the mes 40"? I'm ready to put my snack sticks in

In the MES 40 Gen #2.5, I put the bottom rack in & set my AMNPS on the right end, just above the Chip Dumper. Then I pull the Dumper out about 3" to give more air flow, and push it in for less air flow.
                            I leave the Chip Drawer alone.

Sorry, I'm late to the Party!!

Bear
                            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                              In the MES 40 Gen #2.5, I put the bottom rack in & set my AMNPS on the right end, just above the Chip Dumper. Then I pull the Dumper out about 3" to give more air flow, and push it in for less air flow.

I leave the Chip Drawer alone.

Sorry, I'm late to the Party!!

Bear

No worries I appreciate the info. I got enough seasoning to make 75lb more

Comment

Originally posted by Blinginpse View Post
                                I went 120 for a hour no smoke, 1401 hour with smoke, 160 2hrs with smoke, 180 to finish with a little smoke and took about 9hrs total. I didn't pinch or twist the ends off so I figure that's why they burnt on ends?

There's your Burnt End cause---That 1401° for the second hour!!

They Look Really Great though!!!

Bear
                                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                                X