A Beef Turkey Day/Week....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Beef Turkey Day/Week....

So, it was not a conventional Thanksgiving but it was good in any event.

First off, my youngest has taken a liking to pastrami lately. So, I had some corned beef in the freezer that I usually buy on the back end of St. Patty's day. Soaked it for 48 hours. Then, put a "pastrami rub" on it and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours.

And we were ready. Smoked it at 225° with some cherry wood actually. The start:

and 8 hours later, done at 165°. I coolered it and then let it cool back down in the fridge.

Put it in the freezer for an hour and ran it through the slicer. Got the thumbs up after a taste test from my son.

Now, for Thanksgiving day, the family voted for a recipe that came from my grandmother. I changed it a bit but it's excellent. Very simple actually, a rump roast, salt and pepper rub, an onion, some butter and some thin toasted bread. I also add some garlic in the meat.

Smoke it at 225° until it hits 135° internal and you're done. I cooler it for a bit for the liquid gold.

Then, get to slicing and pour the liquid gold back on:

Put a slice on the toast, some of the onion butter sauce and it's dinner. The Mrs. made some Excellent from scratch mashed potatoes with basil added as well as the best from scratch green bean casserole I've ever had. She found them and both were new. They are keepers!

All said, it was a great thanksgiving and everyone got stuffed. Thanks for looking and I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving as well.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

MMMMmmm, looks like some Dang Good Eats there, Pete!!

Very Nice!---

Bear
    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Ootstanding cooking Pete!
      sigpic

Comment

Lena wanted traditional for Thanksgiving but we're going beef for Christmas
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          Lena wanted traditional for Thanksgiving but we're going beef for Christmas
          That's the way uh huh uh huh I like it

AND, I have no choice .... Traditional for Jen's family..... Have talked them into smoking the ham past 4-5 years, which they like.
          sigpic

Comment

Outstanding cooks Pete. Really nice.

Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
              Yup, that looks mah-vo-liss!!! Grate job to you and the misses!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Pete my friend, this is Money!

Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Looks like a down right tasty meal.

Comment

Holy Smokes! Nice Pastrami! And I'd stuff my phat face with that plate of Thanksgivig Supper any day !!

Thank you for sharing
                    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                      Pete my friend, this is Money!

Yeah maaaaaaaannnnn, that's what I want for every meal!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X