Interesting/Pathetic Story on Refridgerated Food Delivery Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting/Pathetic Story on Refridgerated Food Delivery Trucks

Really is sad....We read about contaminated processing plants all the time,but as this article mentions more needs to be done about this...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/446209...dianapolis_in/

Florida's DOT Gestapo Cop's are pretty tough on this...I'm sure alot get's through...that don't get pulled.
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I also saw this on the CBS overnite news. They stopped a bunch of trucks with seafood and they were all above 60*
      Scarbelly

Comment

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

I drive a refridgerated semi in the U.P.and I deliver food to grocery stores.Chicken is never put above anything in the trailor.And if our trailors are'nt the right temp when we get there we have it reloaded into another trailor.Trailors that are'nt running right are always priority to be serviced that day.I believe alot of the problems are with haulers that travel several states and don't deliver everything the same day.I can't believe the stores and restaurants accept a load like that.

Comment

Originally posted by rdemler View Post
            I drive a refridgerated semi in the U.P.and I deliver food to grocery stores.Chicken is never put above anything in the trailor.And if our trailors are'nt the right temp when we get there we have it reloaded into another trailor.Trailors that are'nt running right are always priority to be serviced that day.I believe alot of the problems are with haulers that travel several states and don't deliver everything the same day.I can't believe the stores and restaurants accept a load like that.
            I certainly didnt mean to question the integrity of any industry by posting story...I certainly believe improper storage at destination of food is probably as much an issue...

Hopefully like the article said they can put some laws on books to give some power to even the police....

Maybe random checks on refridgerated long haul carriers at weigh stations etc..

Comment

Thanks for postin Alx, nothin wrong with not letting our guard down....
              sigpic

Comment

I agree ALX,Does'nt take a minute to check the temps on the outside of the trailor if need be.

Comment

They also jack with the Oyster Tonger's...We Hot & understand...Taggin & Baggin...time & transport....I'm really aware of what the chow is & smell....Louie is on it like a Hound....I know what the wave off pitch is.
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                    I certainly didnt mean to question the integrity of any industry by posting story...I certainly believe improper storage at destination of food is probably as much an issue.....
                    so now yer puttin' it on me!!

look, everyone who draws a paycheck from the food industy is responsible for the safety of it's patrons. i hate those who just don't give a shit and pass the buck.....that's how people get sick and unfortunately some die. what if the guys at discount tire or your favorite airline had that view. for the most part, people in the food industry (that i have been around) care about the products we serve and value customer confidence.

btw - nice article b-day boy!
                    sigpic
                    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

All the cold storage rigs i drove had a record keeper on it so we do a pretty good job for the most part but there is some knuckleheads out there that try to get away with something they did wrong.
                      All is good ALX a little reminder never hurt anyone.
                      I do wish the news would print/show the 99% that are doing a good job once in a while though.
                      Karl
                      Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, Rage against the dying of the light.

www.wedlinydomowe.com/

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage...ure-calculator

ExhaustedSpark
                      Disabled
                      Member American Legion
                      Life Member NRA
                      Life Member ARRL

Comment

Originally posted by ExhaustedSpark View Post
                        All the cold storage rigs i drove had a record keeper on it so we do a pretty good job for the most part but there is some knuckleheads out there that try to get away with something they did wrong.
                        All is good ALX a little reminder never hurt anyone.
                        I do wish the news would print/show the 99% that are doing a good job once in a while though.
                        Karl
                        Yep...I agree......

I know more few outlaw gigs here selling on open market.....

Guess me point being,,,,checkn yo fridge either way.......

Louie available ......}+:

Comment

Ah! this reminds me that the sea food truck that comes down from alaska should be here this weekend.
                          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                            Ah! this reminds me that the sea food truck that comes down from alaska should be here this weekend.
                            LOL./..........
                            Last edited by ALX; 01-19-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

wonder if this problem has been corrected?

bringing perishables to the desert must be a challenge today and what it was years ago is another story.

I watched a show on food inspectors years back, most put their nose right on the product and smelled it. said it was the best way to get their nose to find a hint of spoilage.

I have been doing this now for some time. works for me I have put so much chicken back and even beef that smelled funny.
                              sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                              nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Working...
                              X