Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Ravioli? Old news or did I invent it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ Ravioli? Old news or did I invent it?

Forgive me if this has been covered. But have any of you been doing BBQ or grilled ravioli? Not smoked.
    JT

Not me, butt maybe some others
    sigpic

Comment

Well I was going through the supermarket looking for something new to Q. When I spotted the premise fresh Ravioli. You know the big 1 and a half inch square ones. Three cheese stuffed, butternut squash, etc. and I thought why not? Coated them with evil. Tossed them on the Weber, brown them up. Shazam! BBQ stuffed crackers. Haha!
      JT

Comment

Damn auto correct has infested SM too? Ha! Coat them with olive oil not evil. Ha!
        JT

Comment

I thought evil was some kind of hot sauce. I guess that could work too
          Ed

Smoke Vault 24
          Vermont Castings Gas Grill
          Thermoworks Smoke
          The "Fastest" Orange Thermapen around!
          The Neighbor's 36" Blackstone

Comment

Grilled and fried ravioli has been around for a long long time. It is a regional favorite(invented there) in St Louis, Mo. I've been eating them since I was a small kid (I grew up in that area). Every restaurant out on the "Hill" served them.
            If you look or search here for fried ravioli, i posted a cook and recipe for them.

They are delicious.
            Jim

Comment

Damn and I thought I was being original.
              Good idea on the evil hot sauce
              JT

Comment

you boil it first ?
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  you boil it first ?
                  Typically the stuffing in Ravioli is precooked... altho there may be semi raw egg..for binder. Depends on the raviolieer
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                    Damn and I thought I was being original.
                    Good idea on the evil hot sauce
                    Well I'm right there with you. The grilled stuff must not have made it to the west coast yet. I've never heard of it. Now deep fried ravioli sure, but not grilled.
                    Mike
                    Life In Pit Row

Comment

Don't they fall apart after you get them out of the can?

Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Those cans are pretty tough. Better use a strong smoke like mesquite. Might baste it once in a while!
                        sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Well I did grill up some par-cooked spaghetti and it was fantastic...The crispy edges really made an awesome spaghetti dish...

I have some frozen mushroom ravioli that may just get the evil treatment and then grilled sometime soon...
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                            you boil it first ?
                            Originally posted by PitRow View Post
                            Well I'm right there with you. The grilled stuff must not have made it to the west coast yet. I've never heard of it. Now deep fried ravioli sure, but not grilled.
                            Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                            Well I did grill up some par-cooked spaghetti and it was fantastic...The crispy edges really made an awesome spaghetti dish...

I have some frozen mushroom ravioli that may just get the evil treatment and then grilled sometime soon...
                            Ooh! Like this idea too. I'm on it!
                            JT

Comment

Love the grilled idea. I've had them fried... good stuff!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X